Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished, Slow but sure

Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

Finished, Slow but sure

First one is whole cloth... loved it so much I couldn't cut it up. :-) Third and Fourth are embroidered by me. Embroidery is calming while watching TV and keeps me busy and awake. LOL I'm now working on some baby quilts for my great-great grandkids that will be born after I'm gone.... at least at the age of my great grandkids I hope it's a long way off. :-) I also have a lot of tops finished but putting them together is a job, so it's slow to finish.

Name:  MineFront1.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  193.1 KBName:  Sail Boats1.jpg
Views: 2638
Size:  198.8 KBName:  birds1.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  170.9 KBName:  Owls1.jpg
Views: 2632
Size:  155.4 KB
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING... (Borrowed from Airwick156 :-)

Blog Entries
    great quilts....I love to embroider too...................

Blog Entries
    all are great. i especially love the birds
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

All are beautiful, good for you to finish them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    beautiful works. i love the owls best
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I just love the embroidered birds & owls. Really nice!

amazing hand stitching. You have such patience.

Power Poster
    all are very nice!!!
    QUILTNMO

Lovely work. Well done.

Very nice quilts. With your talent I hope you are around for a long time.

Your quilts are inspiring! So is your idea to make quilts for people you (probably) will never see!
    As much as I hate it, my seam ripper is my best friend.

Great quilts! Your embroidery is beautiful with such attention to detail. I know your lovely quilts will be cherished!

Great embroidery! I started a Sun Bonnet Sue when expecting granddaughter. Not done when she was born.. ok, for Christmas. Not done. She will be starting kindergarten in the fall . I just can not seem to get it done!!!! But I am starting on it again. She will be a teenager at this rate! I applaud your ability to get those completed!!!!! I am impressed...

I like your quilts. I also enjoy embroidery. I especially like the owls-because I have a granddaughter who loves owls and I am trying to make her something for her upcoming 10th birthday. I also think the one you treated as wholecloth is a very nice treatment of fabric you can't bear to cut up. Nice finishes.

Beautifully done. They will be so grateful to have your quilts as momentos of you.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    Very nicely done - you do great work!

Blog Entries
    They are all wonderful...great finishes. You've certainly been busy.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Beautiful quilts. I never knew how to embroider too much but I used to do counted cross stitch. I love the owls!

Where did you get the bird patterns?? I do redwork or bluework embroidery for donation quilts to our local heart hospital. Can always find patterns for the ladies but lack ideas for the men. Those birds would really be pretty in blue, brown or green. Your work is beautiful. Happy stitching. Kathy

Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyJ View Post
    Where did you get the bird patterns?? I do redwork or bluework embroidery for donation quilts to our local heart hospital. Can always find patterns for the ladies but lack ideas for the men. Those birds would really be pretty in blue, brown or green. Your work is beautiful. Happy stitching. Kathy
    Start here: http://www.jdneedleart.com/quilt-blo...uilt-blocks-1/ Then google search for Jack Dempsey blocks. I find different ones at different sites but the link to the birds is here: http://www.jdneedleart.com/birds-9-w...are-theme.html. I'm seeing some I don't have and want. LOL
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING... (Borrowed from Airwick156 :-)

Thanks for all the nice words. Embroidery is calming and I'm able to do it in my chair. Sewing and standing is becoming a problem with the arthritis but I manage 15 minutes at a time. :-) I have the owls on my wall now. Use to have the lighthouses up there but gave it to a lighthouse friend. What is the sense of keeping quilts hidden away in a closet? Put them out, enjoy them and then give them away. :-) The sail boats is over the back of my couch laying over the whole cloth one that I intend to keep. My kids don't appreciate them... they just want them. :-( I have butterflies and peacock tops done waiting to be put together and the baby alphabet blocks almost done. I live alone and love creating in my own way. :-) Oh and I did a redwork that's waiting to be put together but I didn't want red so I did it in blue. It's gonna be big.... large squares.

FYI: Birds are on clearance.
    Last edited by marcycn; 06-17-2017 at 07:15 AM.

http://www.123stitch.com has a lot of the Jack Dempsey blocks on sale.

I find that sailboat-themed quilt especially fascinating. I am not into sailing but absolutely LOVE the embroidery on that quilt.
    "The great doing of little things makes the great life." Eugena Price

Quote Originally Posted by Innov8R View Post
    I find that sailboat-themed quilt especially fascinating. I am not into sailing but absolutely LOVE the embroidery on that quilt.
    Oh dear, sorry but that was squares I cut up, added the sashing and backing and tied. :-)

All are so beautiful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast