Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM

Very NIce, you are a pro already...
Fun wasn't it? I love all kinds of applique
ConnieF
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, love your applique work!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:34 AM

I love flowers. I would love to have all the patterns. How can I email you? Thanks, Sherry
Old 05-05-2010, 05:08 AM

great job
Old 05-06-2010, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
Originally Posted by sandpat
Ooohhhhh Tisha, that is wonderful! That is a great first attempt, heck, its a great any number attempt. I was looking at the flower petals...since they are held in place with the french knots...then the edges feel all loose and fluffy like the flower if you rub your hand over them??? Its lovely and your work is sooo beautiful!

Can you tell me the name of the pattern and where you bought it? I'd like to look at it :lol:

Patti
I would like all of your flower patterns, but I do not know how to email you. Sherry
Ah Patti

Thanks for your comments - yes the Geranium is a sort of 3D effect which I think makes it look so realistic. I'll email you the info, do you want the other 9 (I think) LOL blocks that go with it. Each one is a different flower. If I remember before I go to my next meeting I'll get the lady those made all of them to bring the quilt along for me to take pics & then I can post here for all to see. That won't be until the third Monday in the month though if you don't mind waiting until then. :D
Let me know for certain.

Tisha
Old 05-07-2010, 03:11 AM

Totally awesome work! Very inspiring!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Ooohhhhh Tisha, that is wonderful! That is a great first attempt, heck, its a great any number attempt. I was looking at the flower petals...since they are held in place with the french knots...then the edges feel all loose and fluffy like the flower if you rub your hand over them??? Its lovely and your work is sooo beautiful!

Can you tell me the name of the pattern and where you bought it? I'd like to look at it :lol:

Patti

Yes, please!!!!

Ah Patti

Thanks for your comments - yes the Geranium is a sort of 3D effect which I think makes it look so realistic. I'll email you the info, do you want the other 9 (I think) LOL blocks that go with it. Each one is a different flower. If I remember before I go to my next meeting I'll get the lady those made all of them to bring the quilt along for me to take pics & then I can post here for all to see. That won't be until the third Monday in the month though if you don't mind waiting until then. :D
Let me know for certain.

Tisha
Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tippy
That is beautiful.. where did you get the idea/find the pattern??
Tippy

Thanks for your comments - I have the pattern if you want a copy PM me with your email address & I'll forward it onto you. There are about 9 different flower blocks in total. Each one as beautiful as each other. :wink:

Tisha
I can't believe that this is your first attempt at applique. You certainly look like a pro to me. Absolutely beautiful!!!! If the offer still stands for a copy of the flower blocks, I will pm my email address to you. Thanks again for the beautiful pictures!!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:41 PM

I know it's been awhile since I added to this thread - here is the second of the nine blocks which is a Lilac, it's not quite finished yet as I have to embroider the veins on the leaves.

Tisha
WOW!! Again, magnificent!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 PM

This is my first attempt at hand applique - I started small! :lol:

Each individual flower which makes up the Geranium head is held in place with 3 French Knots. For the veins on the Geranium leaves I used 2 strands of DMC thread.
Still not too sure whether I am going to make it into a small wall hanging or a cushion cover. I also thought of adding binding made out of the buttermilk fabric to frame it or maybe black to bring out the French Knots on the flowers - what do you ladies advise?

Tisha.
Good job. Keep up the good work.