Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: First border is on... and I ironed my finger :cry:

Thanks for all the comments... and for the first aid! :-) Next time I will not be ignoring the burning sensation in favour of pressing just one more seam. lol

Love that border. The yellow is perfect to set off the block. Also for that burn just a light coat of toothpaste (yes toothpaste) The mintiness pulls the heat out of the burn. It feels hotter for a few minutes but after that the burning is gone and you don't realize you even had the burn. Been using that for years and it works.

Really! I hadn't heard of that one. My partner had heard the mustard trick, he reckons his mother swore by that too.

Beautiful border! Yes, you have to watch out for those irons or they will get you. I know......I have a burn on the inside of my arm where I touched the tip of the iron reaching for something.....don't even remember what I was reaching for now. I always keep a bottle of Aloe Vera Gel in the refrigerator for burns. Sure does make the hurt go away.

Oh, I've done that one before too and that hurts!

I'm stalled on the quilt top, I want to finish it with a plain blue border and I've run out of the blue. It's on order, and should be here next week.
    *drums fingers on table*

Blog Entries
    Love the quilt. Next time try soy sauce It dose work. Takes the sting right out.

I really like it!!! And mums the word! Sorry to hear about your little finger, hope it heals fast.

Kyia

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Love the quilt. Next time try soy sauce It dose work. Takes the sting right out.
    Hmmmmm.... there's been mustard suggested, and now soy sauce... you guys do realise I burned my finger by accident, I wasn't cooking it to eat?!? LOL ;-)

That is really looking sharp!! And, DNA always makes the quilts the best ones!:)LOL Skeat

vanilla helps burns also just soak it/them in it.

I L-O-V-E your quilt top...and that border...you do good work!!! I really like samplers! And blue [of any shade] always was my favorite!
    You know Blue, it might be the first time [for ironing your finger and that really does hurts ] but will probably not be the last. Been there, done that. :oops: I'm old school and still iron a lot, even permanent press. - a vodka kiss sounds good but you're never too old for kisses to help :wink:

Blog Entries
    Love the border, Love the quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    ... Just be sure you don't fall off the coffee table!!
    That would just add insult to injury wouldn't it! LOL
    And then your DH would surely find out !! :lol:

Love, Love, Love the color combination and design. Can't wait to see it completed. Those are gorgeous blocks.

Love your quilt top. Blue is my favorite color and I think the boarder is just right. Sorry about your finger! I was ironing a blouse getting ready for work one morning ( no top on) and I hit my stomach with iron! Always wore clothes after that! LOL Kiss will definitely help and vodka can't hurt.

It's good to know of all of these home remedies for burns. After all, the kitchen is the most likely place to get a burn. I'll say that I use the aloe vera plant all the time, but have never heard of mustard, soy sauce, or vanilla. Like I said -- Good to know. Never know when you might need them.

One more comment about the blue and white blocks. I just look and look and look at them. They almost look as though they are in a fog or a shadow. Lovely. I like the softness of them. And the yellow just adds a pop and interest that is striking.

Blog Entries
    Were you "ironing" or "pressing" that finger???? hope it's better!

Ouch!! Take care of that finger.

On the bright side, the quilt looks great! Love all the star blocks!

Banned
    i just love the border.

please look after that finger.

I love the colors!!

Finger, what finger? ;-)

That was last month I ironed my finger, it's well healed and forgotten now. And I'm pleased to say (touch wood) I haven't done it again!

And the quilt hasn't progressed any.... I'm waiting on more of the blue to arrive so I can put the last border on. Typical, it's on order from the company who is the slowest out of all of them!

Banned
    LOL

well i'm glad all is better now. i hope that fabric shows up soon - thats going to be a stunning quilt when its done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3