Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
floor ott lamp broken >

floor ott lamp broken

floor ott lamp broken

Old 01-23-2020, 07:13 PM
mkc

Originally Posted by mindless View Post
I tried LED bulbs in the ceilings throughout the house, and they flickered so much I had to take them out in rooms where I use the lights a lot.
Very low cost LED bulbs will do this. They are more sensitive to noise on the electrical lines. We had to replace most in a new build for this reason. Have not seen a flicker problem with better bulbs.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:21 PM

I love my Ott lamps but as they die (and they do) I have replaced them with the LED lamps from IKEA. I am fortunate that I have an IKEA in the area. When my first Ott died it was rather disappointing because the cost is fairly high (compared to the ones at IKEA.) There are some wonderful floor desk lamps that are also very expensive. It's my understanding they have fuses - but I didn't pursue it.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:03 AM

I use my regular floor lamp with a Sylvania daylight bulb for hand sewing. Love it! I have LED bulbs in my ceiling fixture over my cutting table and an Ott light clamped to my sewing machine table.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:14 AM

Thank you all and sounds like I have lots of choices and some homework to do. I got my Ott lamp at Joanns several years ago. The bar / arm that holds the lamp itself broke at the joint (Looks like a pump) and dropped. Someone suggested duck tape (also a choice) or a small welding job.