Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Flower Basket >

Flower Basket

Flower Basket

Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 AM

I so want to make one!!! You did a fabulous job. My sister was fascinated with the yo-yo quilt she saw at a quilt show last weekend and wants to make them. I am going to show her this one and tell her if she picks out the fabrics (she LOVES purples), I will attempt something like this.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I so want to make one!!! You did a fabulous job. My sister was fascinated with the yo-yo quilt she saw at a quilt show last weekend and wants to make them. I am going to show her this one and tell her if she picks out the fabrics (she LOVES purples), I will attempt something like this.
Thank you.....I'm happy I inspired you! This quilt was pretty easy to make, if you need any help.....just let me know!!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM

just beautiful
Old 07-01-2010, 11:24 AM

That is one of the most impressive looking quilts I've ever seen!!! Great job! keep it up and keep posting pictures! How inspirational!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:02 PM

You do the most gorgeous work!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Breathtaking!!
Old 07-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Power Poster

Stunning
Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Patti
Originally Posted by Pat G
Patti, I just love your flower pc. I love dimensional pcs. too, & find them so much fun.
I've never seen Battenburg lace doilies that sm. though. Did you find them somewhere or make them from bigger ones? I think your striped yoyos add so much to it. Are your little yellow centers buttons?
I can't imagine how beaut. your garden must me.
Pat
Thank you for your nice comments! All of the lace pieces on the quilt came from an old Battenberg Lace tablecloth. Yes, they are covered buttons. Thanks, again!
Oh, I didn't understand what you meant when you said you cut up a tablecloth. Now it makes sense. Guess I need to look for something like that now. Just have to do that.
Good luck on your quest!!!
Patti, I went to town today & went through a thrift store. I found a table scarf with the round flowers like yours. It was amazing how many pcs. didn't have the round flowers. These are 2/12" in diameter. I hope that's your size. I can make them work anyway. Thanks so much for the beaut. idea.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Patti, I just love your flower pc. I love dimensional pcs. too, & find them so much fun.
I've never seen Battenburg lace doilies that sm. though. Did you find them somewhere or make them from bigger ones? I think your striped yoyos add so much to it. Are your little yellow centers buttons?
I can't imagine how beaut. your garden must me.
Pat
Thank you for your nice comments! All of the lace pieces on the quilt came from an old Battenberg Lace tablecloth. Yes, they are covered buttons. Thanks, again!
Oh, I didn't understand what you meant when you said you cut up a tablecloth. Now it makes sense. Guess I need to look for something like that now. Just have to do that.
Good luck on your quest!!!
Patti, I went to town today & went through a thrift store. I found a table scarf with the round flowers like yours. It was amazing how many pcs. didn't have the round flowers. These are 2/12" in diameter. I hope that's your size. I can make them work anyway. Thanks so much for the beaut. idea.
Hi Pat......Wow, you are on a mission! I actually had to go measure my flowers. They are about 3 1/2" in dia. So I think yours will work perfectly. Please keep me posted on how your doing! If you need help, just ask!!! Patti
Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Thanks so much. At least I can start on my yoyos.
Pat