Flowers

Old 04-20-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011
Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
My flowers are coming out fast now. I can't wait to get a good picture of my wysteria. The lavendar blooms are coming out fast on that too!
All of the crabapple trees are blooming. I've lost count of how many we have. And we keep planting them. There are gobs of babies coming up. My husband potted over 50 more. They grow like around a foot a year.
I have 11 lilac bushes blooming now. It smells so good in the yard.
I love my flowers.
I love a beautiful yard. I love your cat corner!! I have planted crapapple tree as apples really grow great up here, but the deer won't leave them alone. Nothing better than crapapple jelly. I planted lilac also, but they have stayed sticks never growing; much less blooming. I think this mountian soil is too acid for them. Feel blessed for your successes.

:thumbup:
The crabapple trees I showed you were flowering ones. They do have small apples on them. Some trees are red and some are yellow. The birds love them in the winter time. We have saw a few deer munching on them.
We do have regular crabapple trees also. We have one yellow and one red one.

This is one on of the red ones. This one is going to be loaded if it doesn't get cold.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186964[/ATTACH]

Crabapple by the pool deck. It's the yellow one. My Mom made jelly from them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186966[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-186958.jpe   attachment-186959.jpe   attachment-186960.jpe  
Old 04-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Lovely, thank you for posting. We moved into our newly constructed home last April and have NO flowers yet. Still driveway and walk to be paved, so we have put planting flowers on the back burner. I had a lot of starts from old family flowers. I do hope the owners of our previous home are enjoying the lilacs and the other spring flowers as much as we did. I do want to go back and get starts, if they have not destroyed them. Oh Well, thank you again for posting. I sure did enjoy looking. Happy Easter :-D
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM

How pretty!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

You have spring !!!
here is my Tulip, Grape Hyacinth bed. apple trees are tightly hiding, so is my dog wood. Need the sun and less rain!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-186962.jpe  
Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Love the trees and flowers. We garden a bit, too. Have set out over 85 plants, trees and shrubs so far in five years.
Those are beautiful. I have a big bleeding heart like that at one end of the big deck looking down on the pool deck. I have a white bleeding heart coming up next to the picture I showed.

My forsythia doesn't bloom real well. They are in my big flower garden. And it has to be trimmed three or four times all summer. Boy do they grow fast. I started both of mine by just sticking a stick in the ground and they rooted.

Hope you show some more pics. I love seeing everyone elses too!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by MimiLinda
Lovely, thank you for posting. We moved into our newly constructed home last April and have NO flowers yet. Still driveway and walk to be paved, so we have put planting flowers on the back burner. I had a lot of starts from old family flowers. I do hope the owners of our previous home are enjoying the lilacs and the other spring flowers as much as we did. I do want to go back and get starts, if they have not destroyed them. Oh Well, thank you again for posting. I sure did enjoy looking. Happy Easter :-D
You will be planting flowers and things in no time. I can't wait to see your pictures. I still have lots to do.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:53 PM

What a large property you have and so many great trees too and the fruit will be great later on
Old 04-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Power Poster

it looks like hope to me
Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Veronica
Spring is great, I just love all the new life it brings.
I'm just north of you in PA, looks like my "hens and chicks"
didn't make it through the winter. I'm sad because I had a ton of them with great plans to make things with them. :cry:
Send me your addy and I will mail you some. They won't be potted. I tried that. It costs a fortune cause you have to send them priority to get there soon. I can just pull some off and all you have to do is stick them in a pot. They will grow.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
What a large property you have and so many great trees too and the fruit will be great later on
We have a bunch of fruit trees out in the back pasture. We bought the house above us. So I think that made us around 20 acres all together now. And I love it. I can plant more flowers.