Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Found--sheep in tennis shoes >

Found--sheep in tennis shoes

Found--sheep in tennis shoes

Old 04-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

That sheep is adorable!! Moda makes a fabric that has a curly shape that would be perfect for the wool...
Old 04-15-2010, 06:51 AM

What a cute quilt!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:52 AM

i'll check on line. is that from joanne's? i found some there, and he really can be any color we want. i think i saw him in yellow one time, orginally. i still have not located the magazine he was in, but my husband had a motorcyle wreck just as it came out, and ended up with a total hip replacement the 2nd surgury down the road. after i got him home from n.c. where we spent a month before he could travel. and i might have traveled with the magazine and lost it then. i know i had my sewing machine, even tho it was orginally just suppose to be a long weekend. does any one else do that?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM

So you DREW the pattern? I am highly impressed. This is just too cute. I really like sheep. I've mentioned before that I raised a squillion doggie lambs growing up, and that put me through college 15 years later. Do you mind if I copy this idea?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 AM

Very cute. Great job. Both quilts are beautifal but that sheep is a smile maker. :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 AM

Oh, I LOVE the sheep!!! My granddaughter would love something like that. Great job on that.

I also really like the stained glass quilt. Doing one is on my "to-do" list.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 AM

the lady who did the wall hanging, saw it at a quilt show in chicago, and took a picture of it. she came home and had the picture enlarged in sections of the picture, each section was enlarged like 20 times it size. then taped the enlarged pieces together and got a wall hanging size printer copy of the sheep. she then traced the outline on onion skin paper. whalla, a pattern to cut up. yes, i know, it was someones copyrighted orginal patt., and i have tried to find the pattarn. i called, and contacted several magazines, and stores on line, and no luck. and I looked thru my Magazines like 3 or 4 times, and couldn't find it. i could almost pin the month of the maga down to 2 or 3 months give or take.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Oh, I LOVE the sheep!!! My granddaughter would love something like that. Great job on that.

I also really like the stained glass quilt. Doing one is on my "to-do" list.
the stained glass was really an easy pattarn. started with squares in like 7 different colors, layered them 7 deep, then cut each pile exact alike. then suffled each pile, so as you made each square, the colors were in different locations, and sizes. no 2 of the same colors in each finished pane. made the bias tape with black matarial and sewed it with a double needle thru the 'sandwich'=walla, quilted pains. black strip on back to connect pains, then did the black pain connecters on front.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Oh my gosh. That shhep is way too cute.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Power Poster

Both beautiful. Stained glass my favoutite. Black really shows it up. Well done.