Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
free motion abc's plus label. >

free motion abc's plus label.

free motion abc's plus label.

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM

really cute quilt! I love your free motion quilting
Old 08-01-2008, 05:56 PM

bevanger, i am so sorry i am taking so long to answer your question. i have been in texas visiting my daughter and just got back tonight.
the block is called "TAM'S PATCH". the picture on the first page doesn't look anything like my quilt but if you go to the page that shows examples of the blocks, i think it is cynthia's, she fussy cut her block and that is where i got the idea to use the abc fabric. in an earlier post i said that i really couldn't remember where i got the fabric, but it has MBT.TM on the selvage edge. i either got it at walmart or a local fabric outlet.
have fun, this is a really fun and quick quilt.
i am looking forward to seeing yours.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:46 PM

You did a wonderful job with your quilting!! What a clever idea to use the Z for the label!! Great job!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:48 PM

Can you see the adorable little guy in my avatar? His name is Jace, and I am sure he would love that quilt even though it has pink in it I still think he would love it! You can let me know when you'd like to mail it to him and I'll send his address! LOL Just gorgeous work... :D
Old 08-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by nanabirdmo
bevanger, i am so sorry i am taking so long to answer your question. i have been in texas visiting my daughter and just got back tonight.
the block is called "TAM'S PATCH". the picture on the first page doesn't look anything like my quilt but if you go to the page that shows examples of the blocks, i think it is cynthia's, she fussy cut her block and that is where i got the idea to use the abc fabric. in an earlier post i said that i really couldn't remember where i got the fabric, but it has MBT.TM on the selvage edge. i either got it at walmart or a local fabric outlet.
have fun, this is a really fun and quick quilt.
i am looking forward to seeing yours.
Thanks kiddo. I'll go look it up and save it.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM

mfre42day,

jace is totally adorable. is he your little boy?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 PM

No thank goodness!!! He is my 6th grandchild, the 5th grandson!
But he thinks his grandma is nearly as wonderful as his mom!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:54 PM

don't you just love being a grandma :wink: :!: :wink: :!:
i have 7 grands and i get to be fairy grandmother instead of big bad parent. i heard a joke once that i love. the question is why do grandkids and grandparents get along so well? the answer is that they have a common enemy. lol

my 11 yr old granddaughter and i just got back from a 4 day road trip. we had the best time. she was my navigator. now she loves looking at maps.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:18 PM

nanabird...you did great!! Love your quilting! It is one of those fun pieces that will entertain in trying to find what is going on in all those stitches!:))The background fabric is walmart...don't know about the alphabets , for those that want to know. They had all the bright colors and I bought a yard of all they had here of each:))That fabric reminds me of the 'dimples' fabric...I love what you did w/it! Skeat
Old 08-03-2008, 12:30 AM

I love that joke!!!LOL :lol: And you're right it is sooo true. I have a GS who will be 11 in August, one who will be 11 in March, my only GD who will be 9 in Jan, another GS who will be 6 in Sept, another one who was 5 in May, and last but not least lil' Jace who will be 1 in October. My GD was here with me for a week and it was wonderful. It was the week of July 4th and although I had to work, we still found time for FUN! She wanted me to teach her to sew which I had every intention of doing, but time escaped us, maybe next time she comes we will sew together! We live 3.5 hours and a mountain range apart so I don't get to see them too often and when I do it's just wonderful!