Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fugly Orange Baby Quilt >

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Old 04-24-2012, 07:20 PM

I like your quilt, but since you feel so strongly about it, donate it -- someone will treasure it. Find out what colors the mama to be wants for baby's room, and make one that will knock her socks off, so she will feel liked and treasured like everyone else does. How sad that no one likes her...it must make it awfully hard for her to get up everyday and go to work having everyone treat her that way. I'd want to make HER a quilt, too, just to set an example for others.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:35 PM

Not an orange fan myself but it loooks just fine, and remember babies Love bright and stimulating colors, Showed it to one of my co-workers and she really loved it. I just finished a purple and green mardi gras theme, not my faves either but came out great and my client loved it.. Personal Taste, good job
Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM

WOW, I think you are being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard on your self. ORANGE is very hot this year. Dont give it away because you dont like it...give it to someone that will appreciate it.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 PM

I would consult my conscience and do what it says. Personally I would be thrilled with any quilt that someone took the time to make and was kind enough to give to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM

I think its bright and cheerful!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:18 PM

You can donate it to me.....lol I like it!! Reminds me of citrus!! I belong to a guild now here and they do babylove and Quilts of Valor. So if you decide to donate your more then welcome. I think it's great and cheerful!!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:28 PM

I don't think it's fugly. I like both modern and traditional quilts. I hadn't seen your previous post so I thank you for showing it. I think I'll try it out! I think it's a beautiful quilt!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:44 PM

I love it too! Infact I snapped a picture of it to show my daughter tomorrow. She's simply in LOVE with orange. We call her mrs.sherbert here lol and we just had a great 10.5" square ORANGE swap LuvtooQuilt hosted in mrs.sherberts honor. You'd never believe all the marvelous oranges we got! I promise someone will love your quilt and never see the imperfections.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:21 PM

I absolutely LOVE this quilt, the yellow/orange/red tones are vibrant and will make the recipient of this gorgeous quilt very happy!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
I like your quilt, but since you feel so strongly about it, donate it -- someone will treasure it. Find out what colors the mama to be wants for baby's room, and make one that will knock her socks off, so she will feel liked and treasured like everyone else does. How sad that no one likes her...it must make it awfully hard for her to get up everyday and go to work having everyone treat her that way. I'd want to make HER a quilt, too, just to set an example for others.
Thanks for your sensitive comments, DebbE. You were able to express just the way I feel! I agree wholeheartedly!