Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fugly Orange Baby Quilt >

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Fugly Orange Baby Quilt

Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM

I think it's great! I would applique some butterflies or flowers to the spots that look really bad to you.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM

I like it and orange is the "color of 2012" so unless your coworker is older or just not into "hip" things, this would be a lovely gift.....however, you must do what your heart says....
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM

I don't know for a baby, but it would look spectacular on my couch.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM

I don't think it's ugly! You just have to wait for that person to come along who happens to love very bright, bold colors. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a baby quilt, it could also be a nice couch or lap quilt, especially for someone who needs something bright and cheerful to wrap up in!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I think it's cute...maybe add some yoyo flowers here and there, as if they're coming out of "vases" (the rectangular areas) in complementary colors, of course...maybe in different shades of pink if it's a girl? Maybe add little applique trains to the rectangles if it's a boy? (sure hope that gal at work doesn't read this forum! lol)
I agree you are too hard on yourself. We all have our own tastes, likes and dislikes. This would cheer someone up. But I like this idea to add some applique to make more gender specific. I think any child would love it. If not, a recipient from a charity would certainly, especially a child in a hospital. You could send it to Linus Quilts or Quilts for Kids.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 AM

Very rarely do we have perfection and anything hand made in my opinion can be imperfect. I think that what is most important is the thought behind the process and in this case, a well meaning purpose. I think that your quilt is lovely. I can see what you are concerned about but with time and use, these imperfections will go unnoticed. I agree with the others about gifting a quilt to your liking for this person at work. I would be concerned about the impression you would give to people at work if they think you are giving a quilt that is not as nice as the ones you have given before. If I was the receiving party, it would not bother me in the least! I would be so happy but I could't say for your colleague. Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Lauriepark View Post
I am new here as of today.... I think its a beautiful quilt! Some people do not like orange some love orange!
I think this girl would love it if she loves the color! good luck there! Laurie

Originally Posted by scottishmist View Post
Hello Kate
I'm just new to the forum and to quilting just started my first quilt and I think it's lovely I would be over the moon if someone give me that lovely quilt as a gift.
Jan
To the new comers, welcome to quilting board!

Last edited by BizzieLizzie; 04-25-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM

geez, if you're giving it away - send it to me - I *love* orange!!!
(so fugly, it's gorgeous!!)
Old 04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

I usually don't love orange either, but I LOVE your quilt! It's like sunshine : )
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM

I like it! Don't see nuttin wrong wit it, and I love orange, it is a pretty, bright color.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 PM

Orange is my least favorite color and I use it sparingly for some pop. However, I think that is a great quilt. I'd give it to charity since you don't like it. Someone will love having it. I'd also give a quilt you do like to the person at work.