Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 146

Thread: Gentle please, this is my first quilt

  1. #51
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Posts
    15,889
    Blog Entries
    3
    Super job! What is the name of the pattern?

  2. #52
    Super Member BeckySt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,733
    Very nice, love your fabric

  3. #53
    Senior Member wannaquilt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    756
    I love it! Now that you've caught the bug what is going to be your next quilt?

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    346
    Seriously this is your first? It is very impressive in every way! From the fact that it is the first,toss in starting Nov., down to the way the final outcome looks. I can see right now that the ones in the future are going to be things of beauty. You are a natural I would say.Ironically, I just looked at this exact pattern the other day, and wondered about doing one of it with fabrics in my stash that is similar to yours. Yours helped me even better with a visual aid. So thanks for sharing it.

  5. #55
    Super Member vivoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaver PA USA
    Posts
    1,671
    Very nice for a first quilt!! I see lots of seams that match! That's a GOOD thing!!! :-)

  6. #56
    Super Member Daylesewblessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    1,800
    You should be very proud! Your quilt looks great.

  7. #57
    Senior Member woodyandjake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on the road
    Posts
    425
    I really like it and have to say, it's much much better than my first quilt.
    Diane
    Casa Grande, Arizona

  8. #58
    Super Member sash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,911
    Very nice quilt and good job. Thanks for sharing.

  9. #59
    Senior Member adnil458's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    564
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn View Post
    {{{{{{{applause}}}}}}}
    {{{{{{{applause}}}}}}}
    YAY Great job

  10. #60
    Senior Member ruck9085's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    764
    Very, very nice!
    Linda L Rucker

  11. #61
    Super Member wraez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Adelanto, CA
    Posts
    4,053
    fabulous 1st quilt to be proud of, congrats!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

    Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

  12. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    Super job! What is the name of the pattern?
    Thanks, I saw this pattern and experimented.
    http://www.quiltwoman.com/Key-To-My-...t-Pattern.aspx

  13. #63
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    28,624
    Looks very good to me. You are a natural.

    Welcome to this wonderful board from St. Louis, MO.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

  14. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    My next project is a queen size friendship braid for my husband. I am using mostly the Northcott stonehenge warm color palette. I will try to get some in progress pics and post for all of you. I just wanted to thank all of you very encouraging folks on the forum, I never expected this many of you to look at and comment on my very first quilt.

  15. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by vivoaks View Post
    Very nice for a first quilt!! I see lots of seams that match! That's a GOOD thing!!! :-)
    Yes and if you blow the pic up you will probably find just as many that don't. But I am trying harder on the next one.

  16. #66
    Member Gladmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bentonville, AR
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by a_selders View Post
    My next project is a queen size friendship braid for my husband. I am using mostly the Northcott stonehenge warm color palette. I will try to get some in progress pics and post for all of you. I just wanted to thank all of you very encouraging folks on the forum, I never expected this many of you to look at and comment on my very first quilt.
    Looks like you did a very nice job!
    I've only been quilting for about a year and a half. I remember the feeling of finishing my first quilt. I made 3 or 4 small quilts to get the experience before I did a queen. I highly recommend doing that. You'll be surprised what you will learn with each quilt and by the time you get to the larger one, you'll be more experienced and much more confident.
    Probably the most important lesson I learned on the small quilts was to be precise on my cutting and piecing. I was surprised how a very small variance quickly adds up with multiple blocks. Be as accurate as you possibly can and you will be able to make a beautiful queen size that you'll be proud of.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Bob

  17. #67
    Super Member decky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,278
    I would have never guessed that it was you first quilt. You did a great job in picking colors and sewing.

    Pat in MN

  18. #68
    Super Member Floralfab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,959
    You did a great job. Very pretty quilt. Keep on going now and have fun.

  19. #69
    Super Member KimS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Missouri
    Posts
    1,982
    You did a fantastic job! Love the pattern.
    Kim

    Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

  20. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmaker View Post
    Looks like you did a very nice job!
    I've only been quilting for about a year and a half. I remember the feeling of finishing my first quilt. I made 3 or 4 small quilts to get the experience before I did a queen. I highly recommend doing that. You'll be surprised what you will learn with each quilt and by the time you get to the larger one, you'll be more experienced and much more confident.
    Probably the most important lesson I learned on the small quilts was to be precise on my cutting and piecing. I was surprised how a very small variance quickly adds up with multiple blocks. Be as accurate as you possibly can and you will be able to make a beautiful queen size that you'll be proud of.
    Keep us posted on your progress.
    Bob
    It was what Hubs wanted, and at our house we have a go big or go home policy. He does auto interiors and his first one at 19 yrs old was on a 65 impala and was done in white tweed on an early 60's singer sewing machine. Oh yeah he was doing mechanic work at the time( Grease+white tweed are not a good combo). The car was a featured in a National car magazine. Also I will be putting sashing between the rows so I shouldn't have to many seams to match( I hope). Does anyone have any tips for putting this quilt together. Thanks again

  21. #71
    Super Member klaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,994
    Love the pattern. Great job!
    Karen

    I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.


  22. #72
    Power Poster ManiacQuilter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,178
    Looks better than my first quilt !! Been wanting to make that pattern. Congratulation !!
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

  23. #73
    Senior Member Learner747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    624
    Blog Entries
    4
    If this is your first, those that follow will be amazing. Great job!

  24. #74
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,849
    Very nice!

  25. #75
    Junior Member Ginny4jah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    285
    Great Job!!! You are doing just GREAT!!
    Ginny

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.