Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Giddy girl here, look what Fed Ex delivered today! >

Giddy girl here, look what Fed Ex delivered today!

Giddy girl here, look what Fed Ex delivered today!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by peabee
beautiful cabinet. i would like to invest in a better sewing surface. right now i am sewing on a table and cant adjust my chair to the right height. what brand is your lovely cabinet? is the white item in the center of the photo a support to stabilize the machine? do the lower 5 drawers roll out as one unit?
Hi Peabee,

This cabinet is by Horn of America. The white thing is the runner that the machine platform is attached to. You set your "stops" on it so you can raise and lower the machine by just pushing on the platform. You can push the machine all the way down and cover the opening with a matching piece of table and then you have your machine stored away and a plain table for cutting or doing whatever on.

The lower 5 drawers are one separate unit. This table and drawer unit come totally assembled, you just have to put the drawer knobs on and the wheels on the bottom.
I have the same furniture, but in white. It is very nice furniture.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Gorgeous cabinet. When I buy something heavy like that I open it in the truck bed and just haul in pieces and stack on the floor. Then if I can understand the directions, I start putting it together. I bought three cabinets w/glass doors like that. It took a while to get them all inside but, I did it. I usually buy stuff like that when DH goes for a weekend, the thought of buying most things don't set too well with him but, once I buy it he is okay with it. After 48 Years I have learned how to do things.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM

I wondered about the size of the boxes...Now that I know it was the table I understand!! Have fun when those little ones nap!! Give your wonderful hubby a big hug from me!

Ditter
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Great looking cabinet? What is the brand name, do you know?

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Congrats! You mean you didn't already have it set up when hubby got home? I would have. The anticipation would have killed me otherwise!
It was tempting to try it on my own but the big box weighed roughly 170 lbs. I can toss a 50 lb bag of horse feed around easy enough, but a nearly 200 lb box is another story. :) I figured waiting and having it come in in one piece was a better idea than trying it on my own and ending up with a shattered cabinet. :)
Old 03-25-2010, 04:45 PM

LOOKING GOOD..........
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sarah CA
Great looking cabinet? What is the brand name, do you know?

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Congrats! You mean you didn't already have it set up when hubby got home? I would have. The anticipation would have killed me otherwise!
It was tempting to try it on my own but the big box weighed roughly 170 lbs. I can toss a 50 lb bag of horse feed around easy enough, but a nearly 200 lb box is another story. :) I figured waiting and having it come in in one piece was a better idea than trying it on my own and ending up with a shattered cabinet. :)
It's from Horn of America. It's good quality furniture. It comes in 2 colors, the wood grain that Rachel has, and I have it white.

Here's the home page of their site: http://hornofamerica.com/

Here's the one Rachel and I have, it's called the Quilter's Dream: http://hornofamerica.com/products.cf...s&productID=92

I see they now have the Super Quilter's Dream, which looks like it has some space on the right side. That's the one drawback for me about this furniture. I bought a 2 shelf night stand cabinet and painted it white to put next to it. Does the job perfectly!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Rachel, this looks like fun. Am I the only one who wants a better look at the quilt on the wall above your new sewing station? Looks like a Broken Dishes pattern?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 AM

I believe your husband is a keeper. Congratulations on your new equipment. Happy Quilting.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM

Wow! I was thinking I could use a table that dropped the machine into it. My husband said I could get a new table. There are no prices on the site. How much do they run?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM

It's Gorgeous! Congratulations! :) :)