Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Good News/ BAD NEWS/ Good News

Blog Entries
    Good grief, the very idea of picking out the quilting makes me think of rolling on the floor, shrieking, kicking and waving my arms. Not pretty.

Your name should be in the dictionary right next to patience.

That quilt is beautiful enough to warrant the work.

b.zang, that was quite a picture! I guess I'll never ask you to do that job for me!

When I saw what happened to your finished quilt I wilted in despair for you and all your beautiful work....but, never say never to a quilter. Look what you and your mom did. Hooray for your persistence - the outcome was worth every undone and redone stitch. It's gorgeous! Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    YIKES!!!! What now????

Blog Entries
    WOW :shock: I missed this the first time around!!
    Kathy, it is so awesome that you chose to pick out the quilting and that your Mom helped you :D:D:D
    I am so happy that this story had such a wonderful ending!!!
    I bet your FIL still gets teary eyed from looking at this beauty :D:D:D

I don't know if I'd have had the patience to undo all that quilting but you go girl!

Another reason I like and use polyester batting, it never shrinks. I would have thrown it away. The quilt top turned out beautifully. I am glad you got it all fixed up.

Wow! What a lesson in patience and love! You made a beautiful quilt...twice!! And so great that you have your mum to help you out! You are both my hero!

Oh my! I don't think I would have had the patience to undo a whole quilt at least not right away. I would have made a new quilt. I admire you for sticking with it. It's beautiful.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kathy - you are an absolute star! I missed this thread first time round because i wasn't here yet. :mrgreen:

I nearly was sick when I saw the puckered picture and truly applaud your patience and perseverance in turning your beautiful top into a stunning quilt. :-D

On a personal level, I'm sooo glad I saw this because I'm nearly done handquilting a double size quilt for our bed with Hobbs Wool and was only discussing with DH last night about how to wash/dry it when I'm done. So thank you, thank you thank you for this! I think I'll mock up a sandwich with the wool and see what the wool settings on my washer and dryer do before putting the quilt in there. :-D

Blog Entries
    Love your quilt. And I'm cring for you. All that hard work and to have to do it over. Great save.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
    Could you wash it again and then lay it out, block it and let it dry flat?
    This is what I would try...get it wet and they lay somewhere where is can air dry....wow...that is so discouraging...

Truly, the way you saved this quilt is incredible :)

That is so sad but I am glad that you were able to get it unquilted. So much extra work......I feel your pain.

As a quilter, that's hard to look at. I'm so sorry, I can't imagine how you felt when you took it out of the dryer. Good luck.

Blog Entries
    This is truly a labor of love. Beautiful colors and design. You are so blessed to have your mom to share such a project. I know you must have been so much encouragement to each other. The recovery is unbelievable. Such a story this quilt has to tell.

OMG and to think I was planning to use wool batting.....guess I won't touch it now. Sorry to see that happened to your quilt. I would have cried too. I've pulled out stitches but not as much as what you have. Your hands must be aching. I have carpal tunnel and went thru surgery on both hands. Ended up with a trigger finger on one hand. Now finger locks in place all the time. No more surgery for me.

Oh my gosh! 6 1/2 days for two people?!? I'm glad you had help, I might have been tempted to scrap it. Good save and great job on the quilt.

I have one that I only quilted a couple of feet across one end and my FMQ was so bad on my new long arm that I took it off the frame and started taking it out... it's still not done and is now folded up and put away until I want to work on getting more out.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I am so sorry and can relate to the pain! It is such a beauty, but lesson learned for all of us, about "battings" I will never use the wool, that is certain! So much work, but glad you stuck with the re-doing! He will love it, and you for it. Have a great day!

So nice I always wanted to make an Irish Chain quilt

Oh my gosh. You and your mom must have bleeding fingers after that job. I sure do feel your pain, so sorry for the mishap but what a nice gift you have given your father in law. I know he will treasure it.

Super Member ChildoftheUniverse's Avatar
    OMG.... OMG.... OMG... this truly was a labor of love. I am amazed at the persistence you had to overcome something that would have put me away!
    We are star dust, we are golden!

NO!!! Bless your heart. Shaking my head here... You really had a time of it with this one.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Blog Entries
    oh what a story......

Oh my goodness what a story! It's a wonderful quilt!
    Jean

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast