Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room >

Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room

Grammy Patty's clean sewing/computer room

Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 AM

Nice room! Enjoy the visit!! :-D
Old 06-29-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Thanks for the inspiration! you have done a great job! i need to get going on my whole house. i finished my bedroom and the spare bedroom. i am having surgery in a couple weeks and will be laid up, and i want the place clean! it is slow going for me, my knee is being replaced, so i am hurting, and can only do one room at a time.
the sewing room is this week!
Good luck with your knee replacement. Hope things go well and you have a speedy and complete recovery. Several of my friends had both knees done at the same time and are so thrilled to be pain free today. Yes, it's very hard to clean house when you are in pain anywhere. I badly sprained my knee 2 years ago and it took a full 18 months for it to recover. My husband said I'd have been better off had it been a tear as they'd have done surgery but it's great now. The cleaning will wait until you get to it and hopefully you'll feel more like doing it after your recovery and rehab. Like you, I too insist on leaving the clean house to come back to and it's so nice. I had major abdominal surgery 2 years ago with a 5 month recovery during which my husband did an amazing job of tending to things but he didn't dust. LOL. Dust is minor.
Hugs
Patty
Old 06-29-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by watson's mom
Nice room, looks well organized for a sewing room. Love the big window.
It is well organized at the moment. Hopefully I can keep it that way but doubt it. LOL
Old 06-29-2010, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by paintedquilt
Your room is wonderful :!: Don't you just love your Expression 4 :-P :-P
Thank you and yes I do. It's a dream to sew with. Liked to test my patience a few times as I've never had a machine quite so smart and had to get my free class in to learn to do things right. LOL. It's wonderful.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by rootyr
Very nice! Love the quilt!
Thank you. I'll post a photo when it's complete which may be in about 3 months time.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I like your sewing room. I like your stash. The window is great. I looked and looked but I couldn't find your candy jar filled with chocolates. I suspect you didn't want to share so you put them away?:P
/Regards, Dorothy
ROFL. Thank you. I'd love to have a jar of chocolates but due to allergies, my chocolate intake is limited to when I absoluely HAVE to have chocolate and then I do pay a price - but do it anyway and they are NEVER anywhere near my quilting as I'm messy. Food and drink are NEVER anywhere near my quilting. LOL. I find I eat less when I quilt though so that's a nice side effect but it sure would be nice for my restraint to be more visible on me. Probably that sedentary thing defeats the purpose. LOL>
Old 06-29-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
That's a great space....lucky!!!
Thank you yes, I've very lucky to have the space and had to talk hard to convince my husband that I HAD to have it. I had it in IL and told him that relocating was a deal breaker if I didn't have a computer/sewing room of my own and now he's pleased that I do. He had no idea how much space I took up and that is after I eliminated half of my stuff before relocating to FL for retirement.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
That is a great room. Have fun with the family visit.
Thank you. We are and I'm tuckered out but we're having a great time and making some wonderful memories for all!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Great room, lucky you.

Thank you
Old 06-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by cimarron
ENJOY your family this week!!! Nothing compares. Wears ya out, but how you miss em when they head back home! Right? Your room looks just super...I am very proud of you. Worked on my redo here today too. Three of four shelving units present and accounted for, 4th half finished. Have to finish organizing the items onto the three before place the 4th. I've NEVER had room to work before. Have the Special Olympics truck coming Wedns to pickup items which cannot fit. I've commited to, "it fits, or it goes." Feels good to let go somehow. There have been so many awesome suggestions on how to organize, which I am implementing... I am so grateful for this website, and everybody's wisdom!!!
Thank you. I agree but it's all so very worth it. We're making some wonderful memories to treasure by all of us and getting some great photos to treasure as well.