Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Grandma's Quilt-Top >

Grandma's Quilt-Top

Grandma's Quilt-Top

Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
That is a real treasure! I hope you do quilt it! I would love to see it finished and used after all the work your Grandma put in it. :thumbup: :D :thumbup:
I will quilt it for sure! I am scared to mess it up, but I will quilt it! I will be doing some donation quilts next week and think, once I get that first one in..I should be ok.

Hmm...maybe this one should be my first?? I have been looking at it half the day. Can't keep my eyes off it.

:-)
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by margie77072
It's a real shame she wasn't able to finish it. But you have been blessed with a wonderful gift.
Yes indeed. I think she is trying to tell me something. I have only recently started quilting..only have done two! She quilted until she couldn't quilt anymore.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:15 PM

Finish it and think of her and the fact that you are working on something that she worked on too. Will make you feel so good!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by GrandmaMarilyn
Oh, please do finish it!! It is too precious to just store out of sight. She did a wonderful job, and it was meant for you to enjoy. Wish I had something my grandma had made.
I will, I promise! And soon too!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Dee

Wonderful quilt top, especially made by grandma.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Thats beautiful, I think its cool.. to find something like that.. with your name on it that grma made special for you.. finish it.. put a tag on it.. who made it for you.. yr you finished it.. so someday your grandkids will open a hope chest and there it will be with there name pinned on it... How priceless is that.... something to be cherrished for years to come...
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM

What a beautiful top. Be sure to quilt it soon. What a great heirloom for your children.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM

A wonderful treasure I love quilt tops made from vintage fabrics . You should definitely quilt it .
Old 08-22-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
I was sorting material and needed a place to put some that were special. So I went into my grandma's cedar chest and decided to pull a few quilt tops that she never got the chance to quilt. This one had a piece of paper with my name on it and pinned to it. I have no clue when she made it but she quilted for as long as I can remember (im 50). She stopped quilting in the late 70's. She passed in the 90's.

I just thought I would share. Maybe one day I will get the nerve to quilt it myself.
Oh you really should and soon. I am in the process of binding )my least favorite thing about quilting), a quilt top that my Great Grandmother made for me when I was very young. Had it stored all these years in my cedar chest. It is so cute and such a shame that I have waited this long to get it done, all it ever needed was the backing and binding. LAZY me!!! Get yours finished so you can enjoy it.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ghetohound
I was sorting material and needed a place to put some that were special. So I went into my grandma's cedar chest and decided to pull a few quilt tops that she never got the chance to quilt. This one had a piece of paper with my name on it and pinned to it. I have no clue when she made it but she quilted for as long as I can remember (im 50). She stopped quilting in the late 70's. She passed in the 90's.

I just thought I would share. Maybe one day I will get the nerve to quilt it myself.
Oh you really should and soon. I am in the process of binding )my least favorite thing about quilting), a quilt top that my Great Grandmother made for me when I was very young. Had it stored all these years in my cedar chest. It is so cute and such a shame that I have waited this long to get it done, all it ever needed was the backing and binding and some quilting. LAZY me!!! Get yours finished so you can enjoy it.