Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Grandmother's Quilt

This has touched me so. You are such a sweet, thoughtful granddaughter, and I know your grandmother will love this quilt and all the love you have put into it. I am very sorry about your loss of your grandfather.

What a loving gift. You did a good job. You are fortunate to have witnessed their relationship. True commitment in a marriage is in short supply these days. Blessings to you all.

What a loving granddaughter you are! Will be waiting for the photos!

Your heart is surely in the right place to make such a loving quilt for her.

You have made her a wonderful quilt. She will be so happy with it and proud of you as well. Your grandparents have had a wonderful marriage and we don't see much of that anymore. I really like the quilting stitch you used. I'm going to check my machine and see if I have it. Thanks for sharing.

Power Poster
    very nice!!!!!!
    QUILTNMO

It is such a beautiful quilt....she will love it!!!
    There is no place like home!

A lovely story. You are blessed, indeed, to have been part of their lives together. Your quilt is lovely, too. She will, as you say, be so pleased to receive it from you, just as you've enjoyed making it for her.

May God bless your family.

Quote Originally Posted by neeng View Post
    Make sure you give her a copy of everything you said in this page when you give her the quilt. She will be so proud and happy!! Great job.
    I agree with neeng. What a loving, thoughtful thing to do.

Blog Entries
    Honey, I sat and cried while I read this. You are indeed blessed to have been a part of such a loving family. May God bless you and yours. THanks for sharing this with me. HUgs, Eileene aka Noiseynana the Noiseynana came from my Grandfather who called me Noisey and my grandkids that call me Nana. GO figure. hehehe
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Sweet thoughts on the quilt and I felt the same way about my Grandmother. She was a wonderful influence in my life. Beautiful quilt.

Your quilt is lovely and will mean so much to your grandmother. I second all of the previous posts. Enjoy making the quilts with your grandfather's jeans and shirts. They will be equally treasured by your father and maybe one for your brother.

She LOVES it!!! She said she will love it and use it everyday until she dies. I'll post pictures tomorrow. Very emotional day. Cried a LOT!!! Got the hat I gave granddaddy from UNT. He wore it all the time apparently. It is dirty and has paint on it. He used it. Means the world to me. Also I got the last birdhouse he ever made and the swing he was working on before he couldn't go back out to his shop anymore about 4 years ago. Means the world to me.

You had wonderful Grandparents and I am sorry for the loss of your Grandfather. I, too, love the song: "Sweet Beulah Land" and plan on having it as one of my songs to be sung at my funeral. Your quilt is so full of love that I could feel it coming through your posts. The love for them you have brought tears to my eyes. Don't we all wish we had grands like you. What a wonderful DGD you are! Your DGM is blessed in so may ways to have you. God bless you...

You are so lucky to have been a part of such an extrodinary kind of love. I was blessed to be raised in a home like that and my parents love, even though they are both gone, has carried me through many a tough time. Your GM will be so thrilled with your gift of such love and thoughtfulness.

Blog Entries
    what a lovely thing to do. my parents were like your grandparents, together forever. dh and i have just celegrated our 37th year. it looks like we are going to make forever, too. lovely story, lovely quilt! happy mother's day!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

So, Saturday morning my lil man woke up and saw the quilt on the back of the couch and decided to take it for a test spin first!!!

Name:  Lil man test drive.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  84.9 KB

He told me "Momma it's soft!" That is always a nice thing to hear when you make a quilt.

Sunday we went to see Grandmother (and my mom) and we gave her the quilt last. She LOVED it!!! here is my Grandmother with her quilt!

Name:  Grandmother and her quilt.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  95.9 KB

Thank you for sharing my journey with me.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for telling a story with the pictures of your lovely quilt. Tears in my eyes ~ ~ ~

You did good girl ! Grandmother is so beautiful and you carry her love and Grandfather's love in your heart. You share with others and give back the love. Blessings to you and your family. ( By the way- Little man is very handsome )
    sapdoggie

Life is full of many pieces- why not quilt?

Very nice quilt. Grandma is going to love it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3