Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
granky - You think your fabric's ugly... >

granky - You think your fabric's ugly...

granky - You think your fabric's ugly...

Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Power Poster

Pretty!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Banned

such a difference,super.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 AM

love the quilt...but I think the fabric is way too cute!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:09 PM

EXCELLENT!
I once had fabric (before I met Miss Cutie, of course) that had some older versions of your little girl bathing beauties.
There was no way I was going to put them into a quilt, so I cut them up into 2.5" squares, figuring that would hide the "curves" (shall we say?) ....
WRONG!
About three years after I did that, I happened to see a Simply Quilts program that featured Kaffe Fausett (sp?) and I could not believe that there in the upper left hand side of his postage stamp quilt, I spied one of those squares! (on TV? from across the room???) but, there it was! LOL
I think your use of the OBW would have been a better use for my cuties - - but, alas! I had already cut up I don't know how many yards of that stuff and it is slowly disappearing into storage bins and occasionally into a quilt <g>.
One might wonder why I had that much fabric if I didn't like it - - well ... I am one of those who is absolutely HOOKED on surprise packages and cannot resist anyone saying: I have some stuff I can't use, do you want it??? (is a mud puddle wet?) LOL <wave>
Old 01-21-2011, 07:33 PM

You would never know that you started out with a girl and palm trees. I really like how it is turning out now.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by omak
EXCELLENT!
I once had fabric (before I met Miss Cutie, of course) that had some older versions of your little girl bathing beauties.
There was no way I was going to put them into a quilt, so I cut them up into 2.5" squares, figuring that would hide the "curves" (shall we say?) ....
WRONG!
About three years after I did that, I happened to see a Simply Quilts program that featured Kaffe Fausett (sp?) and I could not believe that there in the upper left hand side of his postage stamp quilt, I spied one of those squares! (on TV? from across the room???) but, there it was! LOL
I think your use of the OBW would have been a better use for my cuties - - but, alas! I had already cut up I don't know how many yards of that stuff and it is slowly disappearing into storage bins and occasionally into a quilt <g>.
One might wonder why I had that much fabric if I didn't like it - - well ... I am one of those who is absolutely HOOKED on surprise packages and cannot resist anyone saying: I have some stuff I can't use, do you want it??? (is a mud puddle wet?) LOL <wave>
That's funny :lol: I had this fabric for ages and just didn't know what to do with it. I thought about cutting it up like you did but then I got Bethany Reynolds SnW book and read Cute's tute and thought I'd experiment with this fabric. I only had a yard but managed to find 6 repeats and made 16 blocks. The blocks I didn't use in the quilt have too much of the girly curves you mentioned :lol: I'm actually surprised I got enough to make a quilt.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:22 PM

That is the cutest fabric ever! The OBW is really cool too...but love that print!