Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt >

Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

Hand Quilter's Finished Quilt

Old 05-13-2009, 03:35 AM

Your quilt is beautiful!! I've never tried hand quilting, but I can appreciate the time that goes into it. :thumbup:
Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 AM

I can do both types of quilting. I love to hand quilt but like you said it is nice to be able to get a gift together quilckly if need be.
Ninnie after seeing this quilt I can hardly wait for the mail to come!!!
You do amazing work!!! I did machne quilt yours just to be something different then the things you have done yourself.
Kendra
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I love hand quilting also. Some day the hand quilted quilts will be those every one is trying to find. Hope you make labels
Old 05-13-2009, 04:10 AM
Power Poster

I love your quilt! I love to hand quilt also...thats how I started. My to do list is soooo long that I decided to learn to machine quilt also...mostly those are my "give away/charity" quilts. I love to hand piece and quilt in front of the tv at night...that allows me time with DH and I can keep my restless hands busy.. :lol:

Your work is beautiful!!! We'll look forward to seeing your 3 or 4 quilts a yr!!
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 AM

Beautiful work Ninnie!!!! I love your quilt!!! :D
Old 05-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
I can do both types of quilting. I love to hand quilt but like you said it is nice to be able to get a gift together quilckly if need be.
Ninnie after seeing this quilt I can hardly wait for the mail to come!!!
You do amazing work!!! I did machne quilt yours just to be something different then the things you have done yourself.
Kendra

I am on pins and needles here waiting! I had to lap quilt yours, so will be a bit puffier than this one! Just an ole scrap quilter, that's what I am!

Thanks justquilting, so glad you like it!
thanks Sharon! I love hearing from everyone, live in the boonies, so this board is my quilting family and I love it here!

sandap, I know what you mean, I can never get my list done if I don't
learn to do some machine quilting!

nana2, always great to hear from a fellow hand quilter! It's so nice when someone understands what you do.

Thanks Diana, so glad you like it! All I know how to do is cut up fabric and sew it back together! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-13-2009, 05:20 AM

Very pretty quilt, Ninnie :thumbup: I too like to do scrappy quilts. Am working on one that is all hand sewn and am getting close to done on the top and will be hand quilting it. But also like to piece tops on the machine, like a little faster gratification sometimes :D Keep up the beautiful work and we expect to see pictures :wink:
Old 05-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sharon M
Very pretty quilt, Ninnie :thumbup: I too like to do scrappy quilts. Am working on one that is all hand sewn and am getting close to done on the top and will be hand quilting it. But also like to piece tops on the machine, like a little faster gratification sometimes :D Keep up the beautiful work and we expect to see pictures :wink:

Thanks Sharon! Isn't scrappy fun? We are unlimited to what we can put in a quilt, so many pretty fabrics. I also piece on the machine. I desperately nee that instant gratification. Especially with all the beautiful quilts on this board!

Half the fun is when I sit in the floor with my stash all around me and choose which to put into my next quilt! I made my grandson a dinosaur quilt when he was little and now use a little piece of the material in every quilt I make. He always asks me where his piece of the quilt is! :lol: :lol: I now only have about a fq left of it, so have to use sparingly

Ninnie.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:01 AM

WOW! I love the crosses. Is that a pattern you can share? Great job and I totally understand that you can enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

Congratulations.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 AM

OMG.. that is BEAUTIFUL!!!!