Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hand Quilting >

Hand Quilting

Hand Quilting

Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 PM

I thank everyone for their nice comments and praise. It was a labor of love - love for my granddaughters and love of quilting. Although there is one mistake I made in posting these two pictures -- the years I made them was 1995-1996. On the green quilt , the center of the blocks were hand embroidered, also. Another of my favorite things to do.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:35 PM

Your quilts are wonderful. i love the hand quilting. I guess that's what i grew up with.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:26 AM

Your quilts are truly a work of art and should be cherished. Thank you so much for saying all I am thinking! I am also a handquilter and have been for many years. While I absolutely love some of the work done by machine and admire the talent it takes to create these designs, my heart is drawn to the quilts done by hand. I mentioned my feelings to my daughter and her response was that she (and her husband and son) would rather cuddle up in something stitched by hand as it had a very special meaning. Also, my other three grandsons are very happy with the numerous quilts I have made them over the years. Although the quilts are far from perfect, they are my way of wrapping my love around them. Thanks for listening and now back to my latest project!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:19 AM

What beautiful work you have done! I can tell you take a lot of pride in your work and love it, and you should be very proud of it. I also hand-quilt and believe that it is becoming a lost art. Quilting itself is not a lost art, but doing it by hand seems to be. I find myself tempted at times to try the machine quilting. It has it's place, but it is not the "old fashioned" real deal. I guess I just love old fashioned things and old fashioned ways. I totally agree that it should receive equal recognition at shows. It might revive interest in it, but then again I guess the whole point of the shows is to sell the new products, and you just don't need many "products" to quilt the old fashioned way. I think that is part of the beauty of it ... simplicity.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lynneander
Your quilts are truly a work of art and should be cherished. Thank you so much for saying all I am thinking! I am also a handquilter and have been for many years. While I absolutely love some of the work done by machine and admire the talent it takes to create these designs, my heart is drawn to the quilts done by hand. I mentioned my feelings to my daughter and her response was that she (and her husband and son) would rather cuddle up in something stitched by hand as it had a very special meaning. Also, my other three grandsons are very happy with the numerous quilts I have made them over the years. Although the quilts are far from perfect, they are my way of wrapping my love around them. Thanks for listening and now back to my latest project!
Ditto
Old 08-09-2010, 09:36 AM

That lone star quilt is absolutely gorgious. When I saw it my mouth dropped open and I couldn't stop loooking at it. You hand work is gorgious also. I just ordered a book this a.m. from Clotilde on hand quilting and I hope I can learn how to hand quilt as well as you do. All I have ever done was machine quilt and I have tried hand quilting, but my hand sewing is for the birds, so maybe this book I ordered will help me a lot. I also ordered a book on making a bargello quilt. Every one have a great day, Huggies, Fay.....all of the quilts and hand work are soooo beautiful!!!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 AM

I think your quilts and your quilting are awesome!!
The push for finishing things so quickly goes along with today's fast paced lifestyle. Fortunately there are others like you who are keeping the craft of "hand made" alive! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Old 08-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Gorgeous! Your quilts are Beautiful, the quilting is incrediable.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 PM

Your work is absolutely stunning. You should be very proud.
I do machine quilting(just learning) for small projects and hand quilting for larger quilts. My mother and mother in law both do lovely hand quilting and it means so much to have quilts that they have put so much love and work into for our family.
Keep quilting, you are fantastic!!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Stunning work!