Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Happy Daisies >

Happy Daisies

Happy Daisies

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 AM

So beautiful! I love all the colors.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:01 AM

Kathyaire--------------Made the Happy Daisies for MY bed. It is gorgeous. Have had so many compliments and is so happy with it. It really brightens up the bedroom. I love bright colors and I made this VERY bright. No 2 blocks alike. Had some orphan blocks leftover and used them for a table runner for Club exchange. All say that they want all of mine to be handmade. Hope they're not trying to be kind. I hate 2-faced people. Thanks again for the idea and pattern.

v
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Marge L.
Kathyaire--------------Made the Happy Daisies for MY bed. It is gorgeous. Have had so many compliments and is so happy with it. It really brightens up the bedroom. I love bright colors and I made this VERY bright. No 2 blocks alike. Had some orphan blocks leftover and used them for a table runner for Club exchange. All say that they want all of mine to be handmade. Hope they're not trying to be kind. I hate 2-faced people. Thanks again for the idea and pattern.

Please post a picture in a separate thread. We all want to see it.

v
Old 11-20-2010, 01:01 PM

I love this quilt - it's gorgeous!!! :thumbup:
Old 11-21-2010, 06:30 AM

Take a breath. Its that time of the season for TOO TOO TOO much to do and think about. No wonder you are "stuck in space". Have a glass of wine, a day (or evening) just for YOU. Chocolate (I heard) is one good Rx.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:27 PM

I feel that there will be ANOTHER copy of that quilt in the near future - I lOVE it - thanks for sharing!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Awesome looking quilt - makes me smile
Old 11-21-2010, 04:37 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Happy Daisies is not my pattern or design. I saw a picture of a quilt like this and I thought it was the happiest quilt I ever saw. It was on another quilting forum. I asked the person that posted the picture about the pattern. She said it was a customer's quilt and would ask about it. When she questioned the piecer she was told the piecer was not the designer and didn't know where it came from. No one seemed to know.

I copied it and named it 'Happy Daisies'. I played around with paper until I got the size petals and stems that I wanted. Then I made a template. The blocks are 13" square and then cut in half and sewed together, then squared to 12 1/2". I copy lots of things I see, unless it specifically says don't copy it. If that's not okay, then I'm a dead duck. I do not have a creative mind. Even though I don't know where it came from originally, I do remember my mom making a daisy quilt about 50 years ago. She didn't use the positive/negative color scheme, just the daisy petals. That's probably why I like this quilt so much, it reminds me of her.
I'm about to start working on mine from the pattern you shared. Thank you so much for all the help on it.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by nmthelen52
This quilt is so bright and cheery! I did a positive/negative snowflake quilt this year and it was a lot of fun. I have been looking for another one to make. Do you mind if I make one too?
I would be happy for anyone to make it. Here is the link for the instructions. I can't wait to see all the Daisy quilts.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58294-1.htm

I will be glad to send a copy of the templates that I made, as well. PM your email or snail mail address to me.
I'd love to have the templates. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2010, 04:41 PM

I love it.