Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Has anyone made a birthday cake quilt? Please post your pictures >

Has anyone made a birthday cake quilt? Please post your pictures

Has anyone made a birthday cake quilt? Please post your pictures

Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
What a wonderful idea! Sew special; bet there weren't any duplication on those gifts! I will keep that idea in mind maybe start one for a lady in our church who will be turning 92 this fall!I gave her a teddy bear last year and she told me that it's the first one she's ever had! A quilt like that would mean so much to her! Thanks
OH it would and really simple.. I hope you do it . I sewed the stripes onto a foundation... and trimmed it then folded edges over and sewed it onto the backing fabric ( i was majorly pressed for time as I thought to do this about two weeks before her birthday party in canada and I live in Ca and had to get it machine quilted and mailed ) My friend did the both embroidery sign...and actually did an 85th by mistake :). so I have another for later.. or someone else. It was fun and fast.. would do it a little different now that I have time to think about it.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:35 AM

Very cute!!!!! :) I made this one last year....
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42289.jpe  
Old 04-02-2010, 06:40 AM

What charming a personal gifts! They are all so cute. We should make black and grey ones for the 40th and market them!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chrys
Very cute!!!!! :) I made this one last year....
very cute
Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM

I made one from a pattern by Zebra Patterns. The creator, Debra Gabel, was a speaker at both of my guilds. She does great patterns. It was meant to be a chairback cover for the birthday person. It was a great hit at my great-nephew's birthday party. I didn't take pictures. I will try and remember when I make one for the next family.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie
What charming a personal gifts! They are all so cute. We should make black and grey ones for the 40th and market them!
same problem as marketing any quilt .. who pays for all your materials even.. people who don't or can't quilt...... want it for free . I sell some quilts but it is hardly worth it ;( I do it mostly to cover my costs and for friends of friends.. but if you could find a fast and easy way maybe.. I know the one I did for Peyton took a while !!