Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Have you ever.... >

Have you ever....

Have you ever....

Old 11-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Red face

Way back in the day, when I was basting my first quilt, I had it all spread out on the floor. When I finished, I discovered I had sewn it to the carpet.
Old 11-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

The one thing I have done several times is to sew part of the back that had flipped over. I did learn a fast way to remedy it.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
Way back in the day, when I was basting my first quilt, I had it all spread out on the floor. When I finished, I discovered I had sewn it to the carpet.
hahahahahahaha!!! OMGosh....
Old 11-10-2020, 06:31 PM

I quilted my quilting glove, quite thoroughly, in fact, to the back of a quilt. I’ve learned to not sew until everything is accounted for.
Old 11-10-2020, 06:41 PM

So when I started quilting I would go to a quilter/friend's house on Wed to sew/eat/chat. I loved going there and learned so much from her. One day I abruptly stopped sewing, packed up my stuff. She said are you leaving so soon? I said no. Just done sewing. She said why. I showed her...I had sewn one orphan block to the back of another block. Guess what we were doing while sewing? Yep. She had opened up a bottle of wine.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:31 AM

I was free motion quilting a small quilt as practice and when all done and so proud of myself, discovered that the Supreme Slider had somehow got "loose" and I had quilted a large portion of it to the back of my quilt. Had to pick it out and have never used that slider again. It was supposed to make the bed of the machine slippery and make sliding quilt around easier.
Still don't understand why I did hear something or feel something was wrong.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:52 AM

Smile I had to laugh out loud at your too many bobbins story

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
I can send you a bobbin or two. Here I sit trying to run out of bobbin thread.

I ran out of "empty" bobbins to use so ordered 20. Two days later, I missed that they were still in the cart...ordered 20 more.

Now, I'm trying to run out the thread from all the original wound bobbins that I needed empty to begin with.The thread is miscellaneous embroidery thread colors I needed for previous projects. Six bobbins emptied yesterday with only 43 more to go. So now tell me please, why did I order 40 more bobbins?

Need a spare? LOL!

PS: I had to turn off the machine sensor that beeps when bobbin thread is low so I could run out!
Thanks for sharing your story! It made me laugh out loud. So, you asked us to tell you why you ordered so many bobbins?
Rhonda K, You are the Queen of the bobbin world and may hold the title as the World's greatest bobbin keeper.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
I was free motion quilting a small quilt as practice and when all done and so proud of myself, discovered that the Supreme Slider had somehow got "loose" and I had quilted a large portion of it to the back of my quilt. Had to pick it out and have never used that slider again. It was supposed to make the bed of the machine slippery and make sliding quilt around easier.
Still don't understand why I did hear something or feel something was wrong.
I have done that often enough that I tried using packing tape to hold the slider in place. That got to be a pain, so I stopped using one on my domestic machines. The biggest goof I’ve had so far with my Sweet Sixteen happened when I was quilting a large quilt. I finished the last bit of quilting, pulled it out and discovered that I'd somehow folded the first half I quilted under the second half and very neatly quilted them together. Had to unquilt the entire thing.

Rob
Old 11-11-2020, 04:45 AM

When I first learned to make clothes, I made a dress using fabric with a nap, like velveteen or something similar. I stitched the sleeve in wrong-side-out------3 times!
Old 11-11-2020, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

My new Bernina has really large bobbins but also warns you when you're running low. I love those features.

I just finished the cutest quilt but I didn't notice until I finished that I have 2 creases in the back. Grrrr! I'm not going to fix it though as I'm keeping this one.