Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Have you ever.... >

Have you ever....

Have you ever....

Old 11-11-2020, 07:42 AM

I quilted quite a ways on a white quilt until I realized that I had forgotten to change the bobbin and was using black thread from my last quilt. Of course, it all had to come out.

I've also quilted scraps of fabric into the back of a quilt. Grrr....And, flipped the backing of an entire side of feathered border over so it was sewn onto itself. What can I say? I learn by my mistakes. (Usually)

Watson
Old 11-11-2020, 10:21 PM

I've quilted the flipped-over edge of the quilt and pieced without a bobbin for two feet, but those were all correctable mistakes. Today I glue basted a quilt on which the placement of the blocks was critical with two misplaced blocks. I had taken a picture of the quilt before I sewed the blocks together, and it was perfect. But when I sewed the blocks together, I turned a group of three 180 degrees. A couple hours after I glue basted the quilt, I stood back to admire it - only to realize my mistake. No going back now. My only consolation is that it's a lap quilt and will rarely, if ever, be laid out flat. For a perfectionist like me though, this is hard to accept.
Attached Thumbnails img_4331.jpeg  
Old 11-13-2020, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

loisf- that's beautiful !! I don't see anything wrong with it. Lovely!
Old 11-28-2020, 11:05 AM

Default I'm sorry, I'm laughing

Originally Posted by Synnove View Post
Way back in the day, when I was basting my first quilt, I had it all spread out on the floor. When I finished, I discovered I had sewn it to the carpet.
I'm sorry but I'm laughing that you sewed it to the carpet. I thought mine was bad - I was also hand basting and sewed the pieces onto my pajama pants into the basting. I didn't realize this until I stood up and my sewing stayed on my leg.

Well, at least it was basting stitches and not regular stitches.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:07 PM

I decided that I wanted to FMQ circular pattern all over the quilt. Normally I do not use density quilting but decided I would for this one. Well, I attached my free motion foot and adjusted it. I had a terrible time moving the quilt and could not understand what was wrong but I persevered. I had the quilt finished when I realized that I was adjusting the foot the wrong way and kept moving the quilt closer! AAHHH! Anyhow the quilt is a gift for someone who doesn't quilt so I am hoping that she ignores all of the hiccups resulting from me tugging. Talk about being an idiot! I think I hit the jackpot.