Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
help I hate it!! >

help I hate it!!

help I hate it!!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 AM

It is very pretty. Maybe it will grow on you.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 AM

Wow! That is awesome. I hope you get past the dislike, I can't wait to see more pictures.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:54 AM

If she loves it - continue on!!! It is for her after all - and truthfully, I think it is beautiful!! I love the colors, and they blend so well! at leat in my eyes.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Cyn

I just finished a ufo from my mil that I have had for too long to count. I hate the colors and pattern but felt compelled to do it some day for her grandkids. I finished it last week but I did shrink it to a lap quilt. I understand how you feel but just do it and be glad :)
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 AM

I don't like batiks very much (don't shoot me!) and I'm working on the first one ever using them. The low contrast makes it hard to see the pattern, obviously, but it's what they chose. I made a quilt for my daughter in fabrics that I wouldn't have picked but it turned out just darling.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:17 AM

It is time for some creative thinking: and time to ask for help. Who do you know that quilts? Do they need a favor? Begin to put a plan in place: Ask someone to do the piecework for the King size Quilt top. Do something for them in exchange: childcare, shopping, walking the dog, cooking gourmet meals? Then, convince your sis that Professional Machine Quilting is the only way to go for such a grand project. And discuss the costs of doing this. Maybe she is willing to chip on on the cost? Be realistic. Negotiate. You can do it, when you rely on resources beyond your limits.... the Universe will respond to your needs...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 AM

I am no fan of those colors either because I love Spring and Fall colors and know exactly how you feel. I made my daughter a purple quilt and couldn't stand working on it but when it was done, it was really pretty. When you get done and see it completed, I would bet, like me, you will be pretty proud of what you've accomplished.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

I love it too. I'm a big batik fan. Are you adding sashing? If so maybe that will change your mind. Also do you have a close quilting friend that you could maybe exchange projects with? She does this for you and you do one of hers?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:39 AM

I love the fabrics and the pattern. I do know what you mean about working on something you don't like though. I made a swedish weave afghan for one DIL and hated the colors she chose. I had a negative attitude and made many mistakes and had to keep redoing it which made the process so much longer than it could have been. My DH tried many times to get me to change my attitude, but I wouldn't. Everyone else loved it. I have changed my attitude since and remember that a gift to someone else is precious to them if you make it the way they want it to be.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by luvngy
Ive promised to make a quilt for my sister. She picked the fabric. her hubby picked the pattern. i made the first block and couldn't stand it. so I sent her a pic. her reply was "I love it". What should I do? What do you think?? How can I make a King sized quilt of this when I HATE the combo?
I think it is stunning. I love the way the fabrics go
together and the overall combination is great! It is
not my color pallet, but I really like the way it works
together. When I make a quilt for someone else, I
very rarely like the colors they pick out, but I always
remember that I won't be the one using it - they will.
It should please them above all. I honestly think when
it is completed, it will look great.
Marcia