Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Help!

very beautiful quilt

For the beautiful embroidered squares I might try outlining the hand stitching and then echoing that again, keeping the lines of echo sts not too close together. Then quilt the sashing any way you like. Or do as many others have suggested and leave the blocks alone and quilt only the sashing. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try to quilt over the embroidery in any way, shape, or form.

What ever you choose will be beautiful. I think you have done a terrific job.

I serged the edges of the cross stitch and then lined them in muslin. So I'm hoping Cheyanne will be able have it well into her life. Maybe pass it done to her children.

Blog Entries
    I too think only quilting in the sashing. If you do decide to quilt in the blocks, I think that echo quilting would be the only way to go there. BEAUTIFUL work and I know that it will always be cherished. Love, love the orchid and purple, but then I'm a purple person, my favorite color.Love your quilt.

Blog Entries
    I too think only quilting in the sashing. Maybe a pretty little heart in the sashing squares would look good. If you do decide to quilt in the blocks, I think that echo quilting would be the only way to go there. BEAUTIFUL work and I know that it will always be cherished. Love, love the orchid and purple, but then I'm a purple person, my favorite color.Love your quilt.

I'm a cross stitcher that wants to get into quilting so the only thing that I have quilted is a couple of my pieces, a halloween alphabet and a Santa I just did. Even though I had already outlined the actual pattern I went ahead and outlined them again with quilting thread. They turned out better than I had hoped for. I'll post pics of both. The backing on both was a dark fabric and didn't show off the backstitch which was a bit messy, not as pretty as traditional quilting but the front was fantastic. I'd try hand quilting some of the inner outline of the actual pattern. And by the way, you did a fantastic job on the cross stitch. So very time consuming but so worth it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I would put a narrow border of the lighter purple in the top around it, then a wider border of the darker purple in the top and bind it with the backing purple. Your finished quilt is going to be fabulous!

Senior Member The Quiet Quilter's Avatar
    That is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I cross stitch and know what
    a lot of time you spent on
    this quilt. It is beautiful.
    She will treasure it forever!
    Hugs, Sharon

Beautiful! I agree, just quilt the sashing. Or maybe an outline around the cross stitching.

Maybe echo quilting around the cross-stitching or one line around the pictures & stipple the rest of the block. Anything you like would work on the frames and maybe binding with the darker purple from the backing.

Lovely quilt! I would go with white backing and use the purple for the binding. Either stipple closely to the cross stitched area or do lines up to the embriodery.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3