Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update:  Borders done. :) >

Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :)

Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :)

Old 03-10-2009, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

OK..now you've done it!!! You just HAD to post the link to all that fabulous chicken fabric didn't you????? Well...of course...I went there this morning a dropped a load.... :lol: :lol: Can't wait for it to get here!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 03-10-2009, 06:20 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Melissa:
So sorry about getting the wrong name on my last post. I am NOT a morning person so I do not know what I was thinking.
:roll: Penny
Old 03-10-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK..now you've done it!!! You just HAD to post the link to all that fabulous chicken fabric didn't you????? Well...of course...I went there this morning a dropped a load.... :lol: :lol: Can't wait for it to get here!!! :lol: :lol:
Oh, I feel so sad for you :cry: You were lured into the chickens without even realizing it. Once you start buying chicken fabric you cannot stop!!!!! I have made 2 chicken quilts and I still have a huge stack of fabric and I keep buying more---when I see cute chickens I just have to have them. First I shared with Melissa and Lori. Now I think you are going to be my next "victim".....PM me your address and I will send you a squishy package!! :lol:
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 AM

Poor Patti....they sucked you right in, didn't they? You didn't even see it coming! lol Courtney told me I should make one because they are CUUUTE! I told her I thought about it, but there really isn't any chicken fabric here to buy. Told her I would keep a lookout for it. Like I need another project to do, right? lol
Just glad it was you and not me that got sucked in at the moment. :)
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 AM

And it is an addiction... my quilt doesn't even have borders added yet and I am wondering if I should start another one!!

But! I am also considering making a marine-themed quilt similar to the chicken idea for my son who is the resident marine biologist at this place...
http://www.racerocks.com

That might keep those chickens away for a few weeks!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:47 AM

I LOVE IT! What a great chicken quilt and I love the border too. You do such wonderful work. Looks like you will be getting some more ribbons with that one.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Good Job!
Love the border. I would have done the same if I could find that wonderful fabric!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

mamagus:
Melissa did post the site where she purchased the chicken border. Go to this site and go to catalog, then type fish in the search. They seem to specialize in novelty fabrics. I think you will love the variety they have.
http://www.bearpawquilting.com/
Penny
Old 03-10-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Poor Patti....they sucked you right in, didn't they? You didn't even see it coming! lol Courtney told me I should make one because they are CUUUTE! I told her I thought about it, but there really isn't any chicken fabric here to buy. Told her I would keep a lookout for it. Like I need another project to do, right? lol
Oooohhh, Terri---I smell another "victim" :lol: :lol: Do I need to get your started with a few fats from my never dwindling collection???? I think you would enjoy a chicken adventure and I would love to feed a new addiction for you!!
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Oooohhh, Terri---I smell another "victim" :lol: :lol: Do I need to get your started with a few fats from my never dwindling collection???? I think you would enjoy a chicken adventure and I would love to feed a new addiction for you!!
Ummm.........ummmm.........
Sure! Why not! I'll trade fats with you! What ya looking for/collecting?
I have some cute cat fabric :)

Maybe I'll make a cat quilt while I'm at it! lol