Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here is my sewing spaces >

Here is my sewing spaces

Here is my sewing spaces

Old 03-25-2009, 05:42 AM

WOW way too neat....did you spend half day straightening????? I'm not going to show mine LOL
Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 AM

Hi Redgarnet: I, too, love your sewing space. Wow! If only my room was so neat and clean and organized. I have wonderful office furniture and cutting tables and 3 floor to ceiling book cases that all match beautifully but you can't see them for the "projects" that are in the making! :lol: My room is also the computer room, partial storage (what is stored in here is my STASH) and it's my little piece of HEAVEN on earth. I love it in here and spend lots of time doing my "thing" but I envy your neatness ...also like your long arm quilter. Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:52 AM

Very nice. I'm trying to figure out why that treadmill is there! LOL! :lol:
Old 03-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Red, I also like to at least start off tidy - everything laid out, lined up with precision - but I always end up messy!

K x
this is me...cannot start in a mess, but end up with one. then straighten and put away tools...rinse and repeat...I am seriously gonna take pics and see if my brother can post them for me. You guys are gonna rag me, or inundate me with begging, when you see my stash and tools. I've seen and heard a few on here, like mine, but i been embarrassed too long, time to brag...maybe :oops:
Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 AM

HEY! How did I miss your post showing your sewing room???? Very nice, maybe I might have to clean mine and show it.... This winter it's become a multi purpose room to which I'm not very happy about. Right now it has seeds strung all over As I sort them out.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by k3n
Red, I also like to at least start off tidy - everything laid out, lined up with precision - but I always end up messy!

K x
this is me...cannot start in a mess, but end up with one. then straighten and put away tools...rinse and repeat...I am seriously gonna take pics and see if my brother can post them for me. You guys are gonna rag me, or inundate me with begging, when you see my stash and tools. I've seen and heard a few on here, like mine, but i been embarrassed too long, time to brag...maybe :oops:
Oooh yes, please; please - I'm dying to see your stuff - get your brother over there asap! Tell him I said so!

K x
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM

RG, I'm a bit like you, I like to start out with a clean, vacuumed room, but shortly after I start a project, it no longer looks like that!! Threads are all over the floor, pieces of fabric everywhere, just in case I need it again!! :D Rotary cutters on each end of the table...don't want to reach too far...too much like exercise!! :lol: :lol: I don't think my room is ever clean enough to actually post pictures!! :lol: I love the fabric on the back of your chair...is that a pillowcase?
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

:oops: I sm sorry I missed responding to some of you girls so long. I have been doing some spring cleaning and redecoraing. It is hard when you have company almost daily to get much done.

The gardens are coming along too this year. The clean up has been hard on my arthritic knees and back. But, dang it I will get it finished! LoL!

k3n ... I understand exactly what you are saying. That is what happens here too. Thanks for putting it into words.

Terri ... Hey congrats on your new space. It helps to spread out a little huh?

Ruth camp ... I know you understand if your daughter was a neatnick. Can't be helped, it just is. It has it's good points and bad. Right?

Courtpointe .... Oh yeah! Another neatnic. Thanks sister ! LoL! ps) I really love your altavar quilt.

Mimisharon ... Oh now hon, I would have such a good time visiting, I would not notice anything else. I am not like that. I took care of my mom before she passed away. I understand completely. I hope you have a little time ot yourself today.

Linda R ...... I am going to be honest. No I did not.

Feathers .... I just have the new laptop santa gave me in there and it works good to interact with the sewing machine. Maybe santa will bring you one too. LoL! Our family room has the desktop and printer down there. It is perfect for playing on the computer and being with the family at the same time.

Cathy ....Me too! But, I have gotten used to it now. It's all good.

Quiltncrazy ... yeah girl jump in here and show your space. I love seeing all the sewing spaces my quilting buddies have.

Echoes! Hi sweetie. I have been doing the clean up outside between snow storms. I need a huge load of compost now for the beds. Starting my seed swap seeds later this afternoon. :) Come on show your sewing space. I would love to see it.

Whew! This has been fun talking to your gals this morning. Thanks so very much for all your nice comments. Like I said, anytime you all want to visit, come on! I love visitors.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

Hi Dorothy,
That is it exactly. The creative mess. LoL! Oh come on, why not take a pic? If you look at the posts, everyone loves to see your space where you sew. I know I do.

That is a hand towel on the back of my chair that I use to keep the chair back clean with. It is easy to change out weekly. There is a heater/air conditioner duct right above my chair that blows down on it.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM

Sewing rooms that are picked up and have space! My sewing room; between the bins of fabric is a trail to the sewing table and machine. I'm not kidding, I am a Pack-Rat professional. I decided that it is not an illness, it's a gift. I can deal with the problem in thinking that way. My two quilting buddies are almost of like minds. Helps to stick together in our view of things.