Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here is my sewing spaces >

Here is my sewing spaces

Here is my sewing spaces

Old 03-26-2009, 07:29 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I thought I was going mad C - was just thinking to myself 'what thread did I just click on, Dang computer's playing tricks on me. But it was YOU!!! LOL

K x
Old 03-26-2009, 09:15 AM

Blonde moment! I mean we should declare a 'show us your sewing room and we'll show you ours!' Month here on the forum:0)Make sense now? Pick a month...warmer month hopefully and everyone take pics of their sewing spaces/rooms and post them here for all to see and spark ideas in storage...or better yet, sneakier ways to look like we have no sewing anythings-which would be soooo sad and then we'd all have....to go and buy more!:)How's that?!:)Skeat
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Power Poster

OMGoodness! I never in a nmillion years thought this thread would be so popular! LOL!

Gail G ... Yes it does look like this most of the time. Certainly not when I am in the middle of a sewing project. But, I straighten and clean it between projects. I figure that this is my space, where I spend loads of time, why not have it nice? Did I mention that I have company much of the time? LOL!

I think what skeat was talking about is that she is a gardener. When the warm months are around she spends it out in her garden. I do too until the heat drives me into the house. Is that right hon?

quiltncrazy ... Did you have those pic developed yet? This is goign to be cool seeing your space. You two are funny here on this thread.

Thanks Sally Dolin ... I have friends that are neat and some that are not. It doesn't matter to me, I just love them for who they are, not what the house looks like. That is two different things altogether. Right? Don't worry, you will get on a sewing kick and go through yards of fabric all at once. I do.

k3n ... ((hugs)) Lol I do the same thing/
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Thanks for the hugs Red - back atcha!!

K x
Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Skeat ... LoL! That's good ... way sneaky ... I like that! What honey? This?? ... or that is just mending I have to do. Ha ha ha ha ... Oh (insert your girlfriend's name here) asked me to store this for her. yeah! That's the ticket!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:30 AM

Red...you always make me smile:)I said for the pictures of sewing room to be in the warmer months for some of us have to move out of our sewing rooms due to it being too cold to play. I am presently in my dinning room! My sewing room is in the basement (my dungeon)during 9months of the year:)Others too do the same. So, if we do a 'showing' month of sewing rooms...I'd have to go down w/3 layers at least to get it organized if I go right now!LOL Hope that makes sense..if not...just ignore me:)LOL Skeat
Old 03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

OH! Duhhh ... I get it. A true blonde here. LOL!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:19 PM

I have discovered the treadmill makes a great place to hang quilts. Love your space.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Well, you can tell I didn't "clean" before I took these pictures!! :lol: But this is how it looks most of the time!! There's always some work-in-progress. Look pass the mess and see my organizing. The plastic bins under the table hold: scissors, rotary cutters, misc sewing supplies, patterns, large items. I also put my notes on the corkboard and threads are in the containers on top of the table. I'll take a picture, when it's clean, but that will be later. I have too many projects I'm trying to complete right now!! lol Hope this makes some of you feel better about your spaces! At least you know I stay busy!!

I use the top of this to store polar fleece, completed quilt tops, Timtex and large cone threads. I also cover the front with fabric, so it looks neater! smile
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27071[/ATTACH]

Under the cutting/sewing table storage. The top two drawers are narrow and the bottom two are deep.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27072[/ATTACH]

I bought the stand at Targets...holds a lot of weight!! Makes it easier to 'find' stuff when it's not stacked on top of each other! hahahaha
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27073[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-27071.jpe   attachment-27072.jpe   attachment-27073.jpe  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM

What fun!!! But, omg!Do not ever leave me unattended in that room alone!!:0)I'd be sneaking peeks in all those organized drawers-thumbing thru all that fabric!! And, turning full circles in that good look'n sewing chair!! Skeat