Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Here is what I did this week

My SIL's neice just had a baby and there's a sad story to go with the good news....her fiance committed suicide a couple weeks before the baby was born.....so I told her I thought the baby should have a quilt and I made this up this week, finished it today and added his name and birth date (embroidery) in the lid on the box, but took this pic before I did that.

It was quite a challenge because every picture or idea I found I had to either make my own pattern or convert one to the size I needed.... so I am pretty proud of it! and I did it in record time I think too....started it Tuesday afternoon! LOL

Again, the colors are MUCH brighter than they show in the pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images

lin
    Oh my. That really is sad CQ. :( I'll keep her in my prayers.

You did a wonderful job on the baby quilt! It's bright and cheery and really well made. You should be proud of what you did!! :)

Pictures never show the true vitality of a quilt. They're always better in person. But we can tell how darling it is!!

My heart breaks for this new mother. How terribly sad!

What a fun quilt for the new little one. It's a bright happy quilt. Just what that household needs right now. I'm impressed with how fast you designed, figured, plotted and sewed! You're good :!:

A truely wonderful quilt. Its one any little boy would be proude to have. He is a very lucky little guy and a big comfort to Mom both are in my prayers.

what a beautiful quilt. sorry the loss. i will keep the family in my prayers.

OMG! What a tragic story, but hopefully the baby is helping her keep on the positive side of things!
    You did a wonderful job on the quilt! It looks really, really wonderful/great/super/awesome!!!!!!

that's really nice!

Blog Entries
    WoW :shock: Your blocks are amazing! I love each and every one of them! Good Job, the little guy will be loving his blankie for a long, long time :D :D :D
    I am sure that this will also bring a smile to Mama's face too when she sees it. :D

I love it... I am so sorry to hear about her fiance:( ... I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers..

joy
    Life throws us a few bricks at times - that is especially sad.... you have done a beaut job of that quilt... what a lovely friend this woman has in you..... well done.

Very Pretty and Happy. Good Job.

Blog Entries
    Wow! What a pretty quilt! The mom and baby are sure to enjoy that.

thanks everyone....I am making one for the mom too.... I am using up some of my blocks from all the BOM's I'm involved in! Good place to use them....

I've only met this gal a couple times...she went camping with us once years ago when she was little (and our kids were too) and then I met her again several years later when she was up here for a family outing with my SIL and BIL.... she's a very sweet gal and I am hoping someday I will get to see the baby!

What a thoughtful, caring person you are. The quilt is fabulous!

What a treasure for mom and baby---You are a true friend for SIL and her niece. I'm sure you will get to see the baby.

You did a beautiful job and I'm sure will be very much appreciated by the baby and Mom. A quilt is like being wrapped with a big hug. Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all again! I quilted the mom's quilt yesterday and worked on the crib quilt today.....when I get them done completely I will take better pics and post! I am liking them both so far... I am happiest when I am happy with the way things turn out! LOL

Celeste,

I'll light a candle in church for mother and child. What should be the happiest time in that young woman's life is forever tinged with sadness.

The quilt is beautiful and the quilter is a wonderful, warm-hearted woman.

Blessed be.

Lee

Finished both quilts and sent home with my SIL on Saturday! She got teary eyed when she saw them! LOL It was a hectic week for me with deer season, nine people staying here, and planning and pulling off a dinner for 20 on Thanksgiving but managed on that Tuesday to get the bindings done on both of these so she could take them home.

Quilt for the baby
    Name:  Attachment-2036.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  36.5 KB

Quilt for the mom
    Name:  Attachment-2759.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  35.2 KB

Beautiful work. Great job. I know your proud. And the tears from your SIL, was a bonus. You pulled at her heart, and gave her a lifetime memory.

Patsy, you are truly among the special of people!! The quilt is just as sweet as it can be. Adding thoughts and prayers for the little one and mama too.

Loretta...yes, I did have it set up.....the thing is, my dining room is where I NORMALLY do all my sewing etc.... so my DH helped me set all this stuff up in the corner of our bedroom so I could work on these and get them done in time.... I was also supposed to start on my DGD's quilt, had 23 squares cut out and ready to stitch together but never got to that with all that went on last week! LOL Don't know what made me think I would!!!

But, then, on that Monday (19th) I got a call from my craft shop and a lady came in and ordered FOUR quilts to be made by Christmas so I took that project on as well, so that is what I am working on first and then will head into getting my DGD's quilt done (hopefully) by Christmas!

Worst part of ALL this is that they are running an extra hunting season starting Dec 6 and goes 4 days and they were all talking about coming back for that!!!! YIKES!!!

You must work very well under stress,,,,,,,,,

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That is one of the most beautiful, most clever baby quilts I have ever seen. You are terrific. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you everyone for all the nice compliments!!! Greatly appreciate them!

I may have to make a couple of the baby quilts to sell in the craft shop! Many nice compliments on that one and it really is my own design so to speak (changed a few things on some of the patterns to suit my needs!) so might just do that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast