Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Heres my first harlequin block!!!! (thanks Gmarie!!) >

Heres my first harlequin block!!!! (thanks Gmarie!!)

Heres my first harlequin block!!!! (thanks Gmarie!!)

Old 06-28-2008, 12:16 AM

Hi Izy, Yes I always managed to catch up with revivals. Can I do the all night tutorial during the day da ya think. Havenīt got your staying up powers.... :lol: :lol:
Must check this site out though looks good.

Elle
Old 06-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Hi Izy, Yes I always managed to catch up with revivals. Can I do the all night tutorial during the day da ya think. Havenīt got your staying up powers.... :lol: :lol:
Must check this site out though looks good.

Elle
You daft so and so....it was just a pictorial...the lady who took the course stayed up all night...it was just that I was up late one night and happened across this site....of course you can view the tute and do it when you like lol!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
http://www.bobrow.net/kimberly/Quilts/AllNightClass/index.html here is the direct link........good tutorial
Thank You for the website, Ruth.
Have you had a go at it yet Feathers.....????lol!!! :D
Hi Izy:
I'm going through my stash this morning and I have the tutorial all printed out...I MAY have a block in the making really soon! :lol: Never having done a Stack & Wack or a Kalaidescope (other than a string-type K-scope) I'm not really sure what fabric prints to use. I bought a mirror that shows how the pattern might look but so far I'm not thrilled with any of the fabric I've pulled...have another 13 tubs to go through so I'm bound to find something! :wink:
Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Izy

Hey Good on ya Feathers...From what I could gather the bolder the pattern the more effect you get!!#

And don't forget you can turn your triangles both ways so can get a completely different look from the same set of triangles!! :D
Old 06-29-2008, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Hey Good on ya Feathers...From what I could gather the bolder the pattern the more effect you get!!#

And don't forget you can turn your triangles both ways so can get a completely different look from the same set of triangles!! :D
Wow! Izy, thanks for the tip on turning the triangles. I would have probably seen that after they were cut but glad to have it in mind prior to cutting.

I just dug out my magic Quilt Block Design Mirrors ...that should help give me some idea of how my pattern is going to look.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Izy

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Old 06-29-2008, 02:58 PM

Izy, did you cut your squares 6"'s, and then into triangles? Or were they 6 1/2"'s. What size finished block did you end up with, im trying to do one :) I'm wondering cus i have another pattern here that uses 4 1/2' squares, and it makes a 6' finished block, so trying to decide what size yours would come out so i can decide lol silly me lol :) Here is my other pattern:

http://woodenthimble.com/freepat04.html
Old 06-29-2008, 03:43 PM

It's ok, my silly lil brain has decided to use the 6" pattern i have :)
Old 06-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Barb M
Izy, did you cut your squares 6"'s, and then into triangles? Or were they 6 1/2"'s. What size finished block did you end up with, im trying to do one :) I'm wondering cus i have another pattern here that uses 4 1/2' squares, and it makes a 6' finished block, so trying to decide what size yours would come out so i can decide lol silly me lol :) Here is my other pattern:

http://woodenthimble.com/freepat04.html
Barb - I used a metric equivalent so they were just under 6" square cut, then cut diagonally into two triangles...but remember you need to get exactly the same part of the pattern four times, to give a true kaleidescope effect by selecting identicle pattern repeats - did you check out the bobrow website?, it gives you great instructions.... :D
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks Izy, yes, i wasn't able to understand her instructiions, silly me lol, so im gonna try my windmill pattern. :)