Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hey Machine Experts! :) >

Hey Machine Experts! :)

Hey Machine Experts! :)

Old 04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

Oh something I forgot to add to my post. The main thing about your machine that makes me think its that late is the fact it is set up like the White sewing machines and Jaguar badged them for White also. And it is set up to run a twin needle, the bobbin winder is like the 1320's and the knob positions are a preview of the 1970's Kenmores.

The needles should be the standard 15x1 so it should not be hard to find at all. and you can still get parts like the bobbins (class 15) an the cases at your local Sears.

Billy
Old 04-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Thanks so much Billy! The Needlebar PL is where I found the info that I posted...so that info is not correct? I'd love to find out the date...if you find it will you let me know? I just like to be able to be accurate when I share information about my machines!

The machine is starting to show problems that she didn't "disclose" yesterday...she's developed a squeak at the clutch/belt...but the motor is doing fine.

Hope we can find the cause of the squeak and fix it...the machine sews a really nice tight stitch! Had to rip one out...took awhile!

The needles I was looking for were for that Singer 9W that I love so much! :)
Old 04-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Banned

Aw man I want a 9w so bad I can taste it!! I had one in my paws and when I drove the hundred or so miles one way to get it the lady sold it before I got there. I had talked to her hubby and he was a State Trooper and had to leave on a call and didnt tell her. :(

But I would settle for a W&W 9 too..............actually I want both LOL!!!!

I have a New Home Model A that dates to the early 1870's I picked up a few months ago in the cabinet for $10 and it has a slew of needles in the drawers but only a few fit the machine, and they are all rusted. The guy I bought it from had it in his back yard on the patio for a month or two. :roll: So if I had one you probably would not want it they have turned scaley and have rusted together.

The information that I quoted came off of the NB in the PL under Kenmore and click on the photo of my Pearl Iris machine that has "additional info added" and you will see the dates there.

As far as the "Squeak" is it a metal to metal squeak or is it more like a belt squeak? There should be a port with a ball check right at the bushing at the handwheel just put a drop or two of oil on the ball check and push it with a screw driver to make it go into the port. Why they did things like that I dont know but Jaguar was famous about doing things like that.

Billy

Billy
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 PM

Billy....if you were here I'd give you the biggest ol' hug! That took care of the squeak! :D We never saw that tiny little valve!

The motor still smells hot, but I still think it's dust burning out of it...I've run it enough today tho that I think if it was going to burn up that it would have by now....maybe not...guess it's a "wait and see" sorta thing!

As for the 9W...if I ever decide to part with it, I'll make sure that you know about it first! :)
Old 04-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Banned

Glad I could help, at least I good for something huh?!?

The motor might have a little hole for a drop of oil on the bushing in the rear and one on the front. One drop is all you need only if you have the little holes. Mine has a red mark on them to let you know they are there. I never oiled mine but it has only a few miles if any on it.

Billy
Old 04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Pam

I have several REAL work horses. My favorites are Alice and Ashley. 1800 lbs each and will give you the very best they can. I hope you like their names.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Billy, in my book, you're priceless! ;) Man that knows sewing machines and quilts? :lol:

Pam...I kinda like the name "Alice"...course, I like all of the names suggested...was going to name the machine "Peggy" after my DSIL, but thought better of it when I imagined asking my qubby to "oil Peggy up" or "Can you look at Peggy? I think something might be wrong..." :lol: :lol:
Old 04-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Banned

I dont think I would go that far. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I am glad I was able to help get you going. I can tell you from experience those machines like yours are very well made and they are work horses!!! And it looks to be in wonderful condition!!

Its lucky to have someone like you to take care of it.

Billy
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM

I was thinking as I was reading this of "Jag" because as soon as the the kinks are dealt with it'll run purr-fectly, like the car. And the color of it is so rich looking, at least to me.

(Sorry, it's not much of a girlie name. I had thought of "Toots", as in short for Tootsie.)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Billy, in my book, you're priceless! ;) Man that knows sewing machines and quilts? :lol:

Pam...I kinda like the name "Alice"...course, I like all of the names suggested...was going to name the machine "Peggy" after my DSIL, but thought better of it when I imagined asking my qubby to "oil Peggy up" or "Can you look at Peggy? I think something might be wrong..." :lol: :lol:
Agreed. I believe Billy is our 'go to' machine person and I applaud his willlingness to be so helpful and informative. I have his user name in my notepad.
I looked and do not have anything that would work on your new adoption. I am thinking she might like being named "Hazel".
As always, best of luck.