Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
HI to all from a new bee >

HI to all from a new bee

HI to all from a new bee

Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Awesome quilts! Keep up the great work.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM

Hi Debbie, welcome from Ohio! I just want you to know when I took my first quilting class I had taken one class and made a skirt. That was the extent of my sewing experience. I've found over the years that there are always beginners and people that have been quilting for years in every class because it seems that there are new gals taking up quilting all the time which is pretty exciting! You won't be alone being new to using a machine and since you already hand quilt I do believe you would catch on very quickly. You'll know when the time is right for you but I just want you to know that I'm sure when you explain your circumstances to wherever you go to take a first machine class(which I would advise) you will find that everyone is very helpful and eager to have you succeed. Yours quilts are beautiful! Thank you for sharing them with us!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

Both are lovely...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 AM

Thank you for your encouragement. It takes me a good long while to get the nerve up to join a group. When my daughter-in-love moves here I will look at doing that. Have added another quilt, I just finished and it is on it's way to Henry. I have also posted some quilts that I have made in the past or are in the works. Some of the quilts are made of fleece, my favorite for babies because they wash nice and are always soft. They can also take the multiple washing that our regular quilts don't take. Thank you again for the encouragement. Debbie