Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hippy Dippy Bargello has begun (for nephew's wedding gift)

Years ago I planted a tulip bed with red and purple flowers. I don't know how I made that choice or why. At the time I was a serious gardener and had beautiful beds all around. I hosted garden tours at my home and sold perennials. Guess which bed was most commented on? You better believe it! Red and purple. Unusual is good! I love the red violet in your choices. They blend superbly. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    love the colors. Have just started one for my daughter., Good luck to both of us!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    Quote Originally Posted by cwessel47
    Years ago I planted a tulip bed with red and purple flowers. I don't know how I made that choice or why. At the time I was a serious gardener and had beautiful beds all around. I hosted garden tours at my home and sold perennials. Guess which bed was most commented on? You better believe it! Red and purple. Unusual is good! I love the red violet in your choices. They blend superbly. Have fun!
    oooh, I am an avid gardener too ~ that sounds beautiful! Now that you mention it, I have purple Iris / crocus & red tulip near each other, but they don't bloom at the same time!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    more progress... I've been camping with the kids so only worked on it while it was raining, or at night... nearly at the right width, got to add a few more inches ... And now that I have this strip, the fabrics have kinda told me where they want to go next... so I'll leave that as a surprise :)

hubby is 6-ft tall, so I left the picture sideways to get the right effect.
    Name:  Attachment-237184.jpe
Views: 15
Size:  70.6 KB

Blog Entries
    You are so good. From that original pile I was thinking you didn't have enough light fabric but the finished product says differently. Great job so far.

These are my best friend's colors. You'd be surprised how well they go together.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    OMG I Knew it was going to be great before I saw it. Love those colors. Can't wait to see it when you get it done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Love angels
    Oh wow that is going to be great. Can't wait to see it.
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am amazed at your progress! It is absolutely beautiful!!!!

all going well, will post pics of progress in a few days, we just got back from a 5-day trip to FL, GA, AL, KY, etc and are wiped out :) on target for the hippy quilt to be done for mid-September wedding!!!

ok, I have lost my "regular status" because my face has been in my quilt so much ~ almost done, the wedding this THIS weekend ~ rush, rush, unstitch, I'll post updated pics soon (when i finish basting it)

Power Poster
    WOW! Looks awesome!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2