Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hotpads by Rhonda >

Hotpads by Rhonda

Hotpads by Rhonda

Old 03-12-2010, 08:00 PM

Love your potholders, Rhonda. I never really thought of potholders in mini quilt blocks. great idea. Now I have something new to try for Christmas gifts. I used to take part in a craft fair about 20 years ago. maybe I'll gave some thought of getting back into it. Yes, economy is bad all over. My hubby got laid off his job and he was only 3 years from retirement. He is having a very hard time finding any work and most will not even consider hire of an older person when they can hire younger and at min wage.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Rhonda they look wonderful!! :-)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Rhonda, you grew up Quaker (not sure if you still affiliate to that faith). Are there other Quakers in your area, & if so would your items sell if they were advertised as being made by a Quaker Quilter? Just thinking if that would help or hinder. Wishing you'll lots of luck in this new venture together. Plus, you'll get paid upfront, not have to wait for the stuff to sell. Keep up the beautiful work.
We actually were members of a Southern Baptist church, But we haven't gone to church in many years due to Glen's health. It is just too hard for him.
I still mostly believe the way I was raised but I am just a Christian. A follower of Christ. I am saved and have definate beliefs I live my life by. I have a personal relationship with my savior and I live it the best I know how. Hopefully he lives through me and everything I do and say.

As far as the Quaker quilter noone here in the Quaker area are interested. But in the Amish area they are more popular.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

Thank you everyone!! I appreciate the nice comments!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 PM

wow rhonda..you do a great job on such small pieces of fabric..haven't made anything that small yet..sure are pretty
Old 03-13-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
For those who don't know me I do patchwork miniatuare gift items and I sell them at a local gift shop in Kalona Iowa. I am working on an order and decided to show you the first 3 hot pads that are finished.

they are not difficult to do if you like them check out my free teaching site. The link is in my signature. You will find directions to making my "Blocks" with my cut down method and my hotpad directions are also there.

These are all made using my 1 1/2" template. Check out my signature for more info on the templates
Love these hot pads. Never thought I'd want to do one but did one last year to test machine quilting and realized they are a great way to experiment with a new technique, block or styles.
Patty
Old 03-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Cindygale and Grammypatty7.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM

this website is getting better and better each day so many of you are making and selling your beauitful item,s wow pretty soon i won,t have to shop all over the web but just shop here love it thanks ladies
Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

Hi Rhonda, those are beautiful. thank you for sharing. Penny
Old 03-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Hi Rhonda...your hot pads are fabulous; more like little works of art to be displayed on a wall not sitting under a hot casserole. LOVE them.