Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The Houewarming gift quilt top for the "kids" >

The Houewarming gift quilt top for the "kids"

The Houewarming gift quilt top for the "kids"

Old 03-22-2009, 07:29 PM

rg...that is one beautiful quilt you have there!

i have the same border fabric and some of the wreaths but haven't decided how to use them.
you have inspired me to start thinking a little harder.

you did such a wonderful job. now i'm sorry i didn't get the green with the words.

whatever i do hope it looks that good. if your son rejects it, send it on to me.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:41 PM

SWEET!! I love the colors in this quilt. I don't think you could look at this and not get happy! I have not seen a kit like that around here. Very cool!

My parents also have a log home and quilts just go so well in them. My mom drapes quilts over the railing in her loft and switches them out according to the season. (She's a pretty prolific quilter.)
Old 03-25-2009, 04:07 AM

Dramatic and perfect gift.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 AM
Power Poster

that is wonderful redgarnet. you wouldn't happen to know the name of the paint on the walls would ya? gonna paint living room, i'll have to say in April now, lol...but got to, before it gets too hot. really nice, lovin it! :D
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 AM

Well, Red, you outdid yourself!

The quilt is beautiful and the colors are wonderful. (I would never be so adventurous to blend all those different colors together. But, they work and look so great.)
Old 03-25-2009, 08:11 AM

Oh Red that is lovely. I LOVE M Ryan and would that not be the best fun to visit with her? I have several of her patterns.

Kidnap hubs and make him go with you to Montana.... Tell him that they need his new snow blower there... Oh, then you would have to take huh? Hopefully you get there soon.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM

Oh I love the quilt.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 PM

Way cool quilt Red!!!! I especially love the floral border!! Awesome work!!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

:oops: Wow ladies you are all too kind. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart. They have no idea what this quilt looks like. I am sure they are not expecting this from me for sure. I have the extra fabric bought for the shams and perhaps a set of pillowcases. (crossing fingers here)

Butterflywing ... Please forgive me for saying this. You two are just adoreable! I love your altavar! I love people with a sparkle in thier eyes. The fabric is fun I am not surprised you bought it too.

Lisa T ... I have always loved a log home. It is so homey. Where they live it is perfect. They named thier horse after me. Those crazy kids. Ya gotta love that. Ha ha ha ha ...

Thank you so much mimee4 . My thoughts exactly.

quiltncrazy .. This was a custom paint color we had them make up at home depot. You know how they use the computer to mix the colors? Let me search out the can and take a pic of the top for you. It shows the pigments used to make it. OK? I will post a pic here later in a new thread for you.

joan ... Thanks so much hon. I really think log cabin homes need a little color. I would not choose this for my room. (I have chocolate brown in there usually.) I am hoping the kids love it. Really nervous about it.

Oh Echoes ... Hi sweetie so nice to "see" you. Yes, that would be so very wonderful to talk to Mckenna Ryan. And to walk aroud her studio. :shock: She is so creative I would be in heaven. I have a couple of her wallhangings too. Very fun to make. I want to do the puffer fish .. I love that block! We will see if hubby will leave his beloved work to take me. He has surprised me a couple times in the last year. So, who knows. TC and see you on GT.

quilterj .. Thank you so much.

jbstrawberry .... How very sweet of you to say so. Thanks hon, so much.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 PM

That is a lovely, cheerful quilt! Perfect for a log cabin!