Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
This is how I machine quilt >

This is how I machine quilt

This is how I machine quilt

Old 07-29-2010, 06:26 PM

What a fantastic quilt & SEWING ROOM!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 PM

I am so jealous, love your room. How do you do the center of your quilts, don't look like there is alot of room. do you just roll the quilt up.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:17 PM

so let me get this straight.....you mark out on your quilt where you want the stippling to go, then you hoop, run the machine, then just keep rehooping?

So the BACK of the quilt is on the top, where the needle is coming through. How does the top look when its all done, do you use embroidery thread in the bobbin? What sort of thread do you use?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really find this fascinating, as I would love to try this out. Where do you get the designs for the quilting from?

Cant wait to see the quilt when its finished
Old 07-29-2010, 08:03 PM

This method of quilting is exactly what I wanted my new Pfaff Creative Vision for. My DH really didn't believe it would be a good idea to do that in a hoop -- he kept thinking the machine would be moving the whole quilt!! Thanks for showing that picture. I can't wait to show him.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 PM

You are very organized and very lucky to have the room!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Love your sewing room, and the quilt will be bueatiful when its done. Thank you and God bless.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:39 AM

You have just what I want, a large sewing area. It looks just beautiful.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:43 AM

Well let me see if I can answer all the questions for tweetee. The fleece is the top, if he wants it that way. I am hoping it can be reversible. I haven't had time to study the back yet. I will have lots of threads to trim and clean up on the back. I try to choose a design that doesn't overlap and is only one color. On this I just used my regular polyester sewing thread on top and bobbin. I wanted it to be sturdy and washable. This machine has a larger sewing space than my other machines so it is quite easy to just roll up or scrunch the fabric to get to the center. It is a twin size so not too wide to be a problem. I did half of it then turned the quilt to do the other half and reversed the design so they are all the same. Don't know if I will get to finishing it today or not, have grandkids here. I'll post pictures when it is finished.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:49 AM

As far as designs there are lots of them out there. Amazing designs has several sets. And John Deer just put one out that has all the hand-stitched look ones like feather and such. They are onCD-Rom so you can use them in your computer. The one I used on the fleece quilt is from Jeanine Twiggs Embroidery Machine Essentials Book, Quilting Techniques. That has a lot of cute basic shapes, I have used several of them. A CD-Rom comes in the back of the book.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Here are a couple pictures of my setup for quilting on the embroidery machine. The machine was doing the last square of a quilt I am making for my grandson to take with him to college. I know it's not very exciting, but he is a black and grey person. I use water soluble stabilizer on top of the fleece so the stitches don't sink into the fleece. The checked back is a brushed cotton, not quite a flannel. It will have a checked binding on the bias (I hope). I hope they show up okay.
Grann of 6, I was wondering...where did you get that design that you are using to do the embroidery? I really like that!

Sorry got it, just went back and reread the thread...... but, is that design on a CD or can it be downloaded?