Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • This is how I machine quilt >
  • This is how I machine quilt

• This is how I machine quilt

Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by bejay28
    Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Here are a couple pictures of my setup for quilting on the embroidery machine. The machine was doing the last square of a quilt I am making for my grandson to take with him to college. I know it's not very exciting, but he is a black and grey person. I use water soluble stabilizer on top of the fleece so the stitches don't sink into the fleece. The checked back is a brushed cotton, not quite a flannel. It will have a checked binding on the bias (I hope). I hope they show up okay.
    Grann of 6, I was wondering...where did you get that design that you are using to do the embroidery? I really like that!

Sorry got it, just went back and reread the thread...... but, is that design on a CD or can it be downloaded?
    It's on the CD in the back of the book; comes with the book.
    Old 07-30-2010, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

I haven't tried it on my machine yet...but looks easy enough! Love your sewing area!
    Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 AM

Here are a couple pictures of my setup for quilting on the embroidery machine. The machine was doing the last square of a quilt I am making for my grandson to take with him to college. I know it's not very exciting, but he is a black and grey person. I use water soluble stabilizer on top of the fleece so the stitches don't sink into the fleece. The checked back is a brushed cotton, not quite a flannel. It will have a checked binding on the bias (I hope). I hope they show up okay.
    Grann of 6, I was wondering...where did you get that design that you are using to do the embroidery? I really like that!

Sorry got it, just went back and reread the thread...... but, is that design on a CD or can it be downloaded?
    What is the design called?
    Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 AM

It is called Squiggles from Jeanine Twiggs book Embroidery Machine Essentials, Quilting Techniques. There are lots of designs on the CD in the back of the book.
    Old 07-30-2010, 07:29 AM

It is called Squiggles from Jeanine Twiggs book Embroidery Machine Essentials, Quilting Techniques. There are lots of designs on the CD in the back of the book.
    Very nice, may have to get it! ii is just enough design to finish off a project.....
    Old 07-31-2010, 02:45 AM

Thanks for your explainations grann of 6. I am quite taken with the way you are doing it, Im definately going to give it a go!

Never seen that sone before and as I said, quite fascinated.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:24 AM

Am up early today so I can get the binding on the quilt. I will try to post pics later today or tomorrow of the finished product. Now if I can just get off this board.... :lol: :roll: :lol:
    Old 07-31-2010, 10:23 AM

For those of you following this quilt; it is finished and I posted pictures on the pictures page under "It's finishedcollege bound quilt."
    Old 07-31-2010, 05:10 PM

I have tried and tried to buy just the embroidery design that you used, to no avail...... I guess I will have to buy the whole book.....
    Old 08-01-2010, 03:37 AM

I have tried and tried to buy just the embroidery design that you used, to no avail...... I guess I will have to buy the whole book.....
    I have the whole set of Jeanine Twiggs books; she has some good ideas in them. I haven't used all of the designs but do use many of them over and over. The books aren't cheap but I feel I have gotten my moneys worth.