Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am into making purses

That looks a lot like the bags I've been making, but I don't do a zipper...or use a pattern for that matter. I just figure out how big I want it to be and go from there.
    I started doing them as baby gifts when my kids were still in the church nursery (my youngest has a 6 y/o son!)

Great job on the bags! :)

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    love the purse, I had to search online to find out more about it and found this site

http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/blog/?p=3841
    I checked it out and was disappointed with the copyright restrictions.
    Do you mean that it says items can't be made for sale? If so, we've had fairly lengthy discsussions here on the board and ppl
    have googled, posted links to copyright law etc. The conclusion seemed to be that if a pattern, book or whatever was bought and paid for legally, then the pattern designer had no right to prohibit you selling the items made from their pattern, certainly not on a small scale (ie not factory proportions!) anyway. Hope this helps, I'll see if I can find the thread where the discussions took place and post the link here. :-D
    I've been following most of the discussions but I thought that the conclusion was to get the designer's permission. This sounds like you won't get permission. I don't mass produce, but I do make things that people request and I charge for them.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I searched the board for 'copyright' and found zillions of threads but here is a link http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...ompanies.shtml posted on one of them that answers all the questions regarding what you can and can't do with items made form a legally acquired pattern. Hope it helps. And I'm so sorry that I forgot to say how much I LOVE the bags. Your fabric choices are great. BUt I don't DARE get into zips or my family may start expecting me to MEND stuff for them! :mrgreen: :lol:
    Check out this link - once you legally own a pattern, you can make things with it and sell them. :-D

np3
    Blog Entries
    I searched the board for 'copyright' and found zillions of threads but here is a link http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...ompanies.shtml posted on one of them that answers all the questions regarding what you can and can't do with items made form a legally acquired pattern. Hope it helps. And I'm so sorry that I forgot to say how much I LOVE the bags. Your fabric choices are great. BUt I don't DARE get into zips or my family may start expecting me to MEND stuff for them! :mrgreen: :lol:
    Check out this link - once you legally own a pattern, you can make things with it and sell them. :-D
    Thanks for the link. It is clear that clothing, including aprons can be produced and sold regardless of what the pattern companies say. It is not as clear about quilts and totes.

Very nice I love to make purses too

Very nice totes, especially the last one. I love that fabric.

Lovely!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2