Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
That line of thinking kept me at least THINKING I was sane in my job as Admin Assistant. My desk was never totally cleaned up. I'm at my most creative in my sewing area when it seems the messiest. (at least to DH)
I just seem to not notice it as I am sewing away, but I will mention...my main s. machine that I use is in the living room :lol:
So, it's outta sight, and outta mind...bc mousie is outta da room! :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2010, 12:44 PM

I tend to put things away as I use so many fabrics for the next project, I have to have a clear floor and tables lol..this is my studio. It is 36x12 and used to be a screened porched that nobody used. I taught many painting classes here for a few years. This is half of the studio.

There are are two computer stations in here, my big Gammill quilter, all my painting supplies and paint rack and doll stuff etc. I don't keep my fabrics in here just a few books. The other side has cubboards of supplies etc.

I have pulled the fabric for the "Colorful Quilt" that I will be working on next. See my little friend under the table?

The background of the quilt will be the fabric on the bottom right. I may add more fabric to the pile as the days go by. I will be blogging this quilt on both my blogs as I go along.

I am cutting out the patterns now and reading the maps. She has a map for each section and how to put it together...it is very well written. I went to Kinkos and had another copy made and that is the one I'm cutting up. See the pattern pinned to the wall? It is the exact size of the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80394.jpe   attachment-80395.jpe   attachment-80396.jpe  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
Originally Posted by eightylady
MamaBear, are those large bundles of yarn? What do you do with it. Thanks for sharing...such fun.
Yes after my fabric addiction comes my yarn addiction. I live approx. 26 kms (20 mi) from the Bernat yarn factory and I go a few times a year and stockup when they have tent sales etc. Yarn that is usually priced for $4-$5 per ball they sell off at half price or sometimes less. (discontinued colours or lines, or colours that are little off spec, so I just have to make sure when I start a project I have enough to complete it). I knit and crochet afghans, baby blankets, touques (adult & infant), sweaters, etc. This is something I did before I starting quilting, my Mom and paternal grandmother always had knitted/crocheted projects on the go and I just am following in their footsteps.
Mamabear, I too have an addiction to yarn I hate to tell you how many bags I have of wool. I usually have about 5 projects going at once. I would love to send pictures but my camera is not working at the moment. When I get it fixed, I will send pictures.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:05 AM

Took these just now -- not tooooooo messy today. My Quilt Qave (as we fondly call it) is an itty bitty section of the utility side of our basement. When we moved in 6 years ago, we finished one half of the basement, dividing the space into a music studio for my husband and a rec room for the kids. The other (unfinished) half is for storage, the washer/dryer and...the Quilt Qave! My daughter helped me out by making the sign on the door and attaching it with paste (how cute is that?!) :-)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80712.jpe   attachment-80713.jpe  
Old 06-07-2010, 07:40 AM

Good for your girl! Even a little space is great. I like your wall arrangement.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 AM

great sign!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 AM

love the sign :D
Old 06-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Banned

How do you keep it so neat and organized? Mine is a diaster. :oops:
Old 06-07-2010, 08:47 AM

I love the sign! So cute! And I love the way you store your wrapping paper. My sewing room is also where I keep gift-wrapping supplies but they're always in the way. What a great idea!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Wow just found this thread and laughed because my sewing room aka dining room is badddddddddddddddddddd. I'm at work so no picture. :( But the great thing about this thread is it gives me ideas for that when I finally get a sewing room what to do ideas.