Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Jennie,
I love your tidiness. And those cute canisters on your counter... what are they made of and what do you keep in them?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:20 PM

I have a tiny sewing space; and here it is
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79492.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by mamaw
I have a tiny sewing space; and here it is
It is small but you have it so neat and tidy! I would have my stuff and self all over that room! LOL!

I love the containers/boxes you have on the left of your machine. I have way too much fabric to not use a zillion of them (way too $$$ too).

If my camera was working I would take a pic of my studio.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Oh no, Janet, really? When was the last time you cut or sewed? Go on now-- get in that nice room this weekend and have some fun!

I'm gonna go take pix of my sewing area later. It's messy, but I sew there almost every morning.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:03 PM

I have a tall old dresser full of fabric in my closet lol. Also a couple of tote bags full too, so don't let that small space fool you hee,hee.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Melody
Jennie,
I love your tidiness. And those cute canisters on your counter... what are they made of and what do you keep in them?
Thanks Melody:
They are vintage tin kitchen containers - you know, like flour, sugar, coffee?
I keep extra 2" fabric strips rolled up in the largest; buttons in the middle, and safety pins in the smallest.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by Mousie
ok, I'll try this again, if I get another error message, that's it...I didn't know it was so messy till I took the pictures.
I am in the middle of a project and have firmy boxes stacked on one table and have just been given a boatload of stuff that I need to put away...too many things going on all at once,...
so, holding my nose and shutting my eyes...here we go, one more time...
I love your pink frog fabric, that would go perfect with the baby quilt I am working on. I am not showing my corner in the living room right now. I have been down for a week in pain, so I am not showing my mess. God bless. Penny
yes, isn't that froggy fabric just the cutest? I bought that when youngest DD was about 9, and she wasn't too keen on it at first, until I made her the cutest skort and top.
Now it will go into a small outfit for her youngest. I have made several outfits for her kids from fabric I used for her.
I love doing that!
Middle DD just showed me some cotton fabrics last night that I gave to her before i ever got into quilting...very pretty.
Too bad i didn't have a crystal ball, but oh, well, I am thrilled that she is really getting into sewing. Not quilting yet, but you wait...somewhere down the line, that quilting bug is just waiting to sink his chompers into her.
As soon as she figures out that all quilts are not alike and don't have to be scrappy or country kitsch, (as she calls it, affectionately) ;)
Old 06-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
Haven't you ever heard the phrase, a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind? Well, you can extrapolate from there.... :)
Oh! Good, Charlene THANK YOU! I was feeling a bit ashamed of the mess I sew in but I like your phrase and will take it to HEART!

:lol: :lol:
well, then from this perspective ;) I am sick some of the time, but as soon as i get really in the 'zone' on a project, I just get healthier and healthier until it's finished :lol: :!:
:thumbup: I LIKE THAT LINE OF THINKING, CHARLEEN! :mrgreen:
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM

That line of thinking kept me at least THINKING I was sane in my job as Admin Assistant. My desk was never totally cleaned up. I'm at my most creative in my sewing area when it seems the messiest. (at least to DH)
Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 PM

I have really enjoyed seeing everyones space. All of the spaces are different but yet share the same things. Lots of stash and love of quilting.