Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Dare You!..... >

I Dare You!.....

I Dare You!.....

Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Burnsk... please, tell me how did you manage to get the kitchen gutted and finished?! That's my biggest hurdle.

Lisahughes... nope not a saint at all. And I do understand the "never be clean" feeling. Even though the cow is long gone, as are the pigs, the horses (DD took them with her, thank goodness), DH continues to leave a wake of crud in the path behind him. <sigh> Sink, floors, piles of sweat soaked clothing. I keep telling myself, it's the farmer's life, and that includes me.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:06 PM

whoops. I think my posts and my mind got mixed up... burnsk might be a saint. I'm not. ;-)
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 PM

Well here's mine, little messy sewing room, but very cozy and I get a lot done... :roll:

Former Closet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79023[/ATTACH]

my Beautiful Girl
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79024[/ATTACH]

some of my stash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79025[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79018.jpe   attachment-79019.jpe   attachment-79020.jpe  
Old 06-03-2010, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Melody
whoops. I think my posts and my mind got mixed up... burnsk might be a saint. I'm not. ;-)
Nope, no saint burnsk here :lol:
For my birthday, my son's gift to me was painting my kitchen. That's what started the whole ball rolling. I still had that 'red-orange' counter top from the 60's. We took the counter top off and then decided the cupboards had to go. Then I said, "Hey, I never liked soffits. Let's get rid of those." Then the oven died, then the dishwasher died. At that point, threw up my hands and went to Home Depot and talked with a designer. What the heck, it was all torn up anyway. Rearranged everything and no appliance is in the original space. I still have a galley kitchen but two people can actually work in it at the same time now. Everything is new - WOO HOO. In the middle of all the redo, I broke my foot in 3 places and was in a cast. What a fiasco. But now we all look back and laugh at the 'fun' we had in the process.

The worst 2 rooms in any house to go through a re-do is the kitchen and the bathroom. Haven't done the bathroom yet. Can you believe all this time and we've only had one and I raised 4 kids in this house.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
OK. You motivated me to clean up my space. I rolled up my sleeves and bravely started cleaning. I was about a quarter of the way through when I tripped over a dowel from one of my embroidery frames and fell...hard. I am bruised down my right arm, messed my knee up and twisted my back. My grandmother always warned me to be careful putting my best foot forward because you might trip myself. Sigh... Some of you know that I had become very discouraged recently and you have sent such encouraging words. This was like getting kicked while I am down. HOWEVER, I get my unemployment check tomorrow and I am going to replace the Big Foot that broke and dig into quilting again. This quilting disease is something else isn't' it?

Never thought to use quilting disease for a diagnosis - wonder if I could use that for a work excuse. "Can't come in today, this week, maybe for 6-8 weeks or longer as I have Quilting Disease - they say it may not be curable"
I could use more time to try to decrease my symtoms but alas they will likely just get worse.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 AM

Ok, I just found this thread and here is my sewing studio.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78777.jpe   attachment-78778.jpe   attachment-78779.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 12:18 AM

a couple more
Attached Thumbnails attachment-78780.jpe   attachment-78781.jpe  
Old 06-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mousie
ok, I'll try this again, if I get another error message, that's it...I didn't know it was so messy till I took the pictures.
I am in the middle of a project and have firmy boxes stacked on one table and have just been given a boatload of stuff that I need to put away...too many things going on all at once,...
so, holding my nose and shutting my eyes...here we go, one more time...
I love your pink frog fabric, that would go perfect with the baby quilt I am working on. I am not showing my corner in the living room right now. I have been down for a week in pain, so I am not showing my mess. God bless. Penny
Old 06-04-2010, 04:28 AM

Jane65!! What do you use those colored dots for that are at the right of your machine - and could we see a bigger shot of that quilt with the different colors?? That looks really interesting!

Mountainquilter - your room is too darned neat!!How often do you create there, and tell us about the cardinals piece and what the future holds for them? Did you embroidery directly on the backing, or embroidered first, then attached them to the backing?? Cardinals just might be the most beautiful of birds!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:31 AM

I must say. there's nothing like a peek at other quilting rooms to inspire me. So many wonderful quilts in the works! Guess I'll go get busy. Forget cleaning the quilting room... Just start another project! :lol: :lol: :lol: