Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: I did it!

  1. #26
    fluffbug95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Western, NY
    Posts
    469
    I love it! I love the colors too! :)

  2. #27
    Super Member Grama Lehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    5,040
    What do you mean it's too young looking? It's absolutly perfect! I bet if you took it to the senior center, the ladies would beg you to make one for them! It's beautiful and you did a wonderful job! Did it take very long?

  3. #28
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    19,403
    It's pretty.

    Just wondering - did it end up being kind of heavy to lug around?

    I've gotten very weight conscious of purses - touchy shoulder and back.


  4. #29
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,675
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    It's pretty.

    Just wondering - did it end up being kind of heavy to lug around?

    I've gotten very weight conscious of purses - touchy shoulder and back.
    No not too heavy, but it is stiff.

  5. #30
    Super Member marla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,639
    Did you do this with cording and wrapping it with torn strips? I did one as a basket but like this idea. Very cute!

  6. #31
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,911
    I like it!! i don't think it's too "young" for ANYBODY! I picture it as a great take-along yarn bag when you crochet or knit.

  7. #32
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,211
    you did a good job on that, even if you don't want to use it yourself. Somebody will enjoy it.
    Was it hard to make?

  8. #33
    Super Member wvdek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A million dollar view!
    Posts
    8,890
    I went to You Tube and typed in rope purse. Found a nice tut on making one that is lighter-made with cotton batting and folding the fabric over that then sewing. I'll see if I can find the link again. Forgot to do that last night. :oops:

  9. #34
    Super Member sawsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    1,688
    Blog Entries
    40
    OMG .............VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY NICE

    COLORS IS PERFECT

  10. #35

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stockton, IL
    Posts
    85
    that is the coolest bag i have ever seen!!!!

    Unfortunately, i woul dnever be able to use something like that- all my bags HAVE to have pockets in them. thats just how it is and I dont see how you could attach any to that bag and make it look right. Oh Well!!! Fantasic Job!!!!

  11. #36
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    What do you mean it's too young looking? It's absolutly perfect! I bet if you took it to the senior center, the ladies would beg you to make one for them! It's beautiful and you did a wonderful job! Did it take very long?
    Thanks, no it didn't take long. I worked on it for 2 days.

  12. #37
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,675
    Quote Originally Posted by sylslight
    that is the coolest bag i have ever seen!!!!

    Unfortunately, i woul dnever be able to use something like that- all my bags HAVE to have pockets in them. thats just how it is and I dont see how you could attach any to that bag and make it look right. Oh Well!!! Fantasic Job!!!!
    Me too but you could always make a lining for it.

  13. #38
    Super Member Shemjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    6,895
    Cute purse! I think a lining with pockets would make it much more usable! And then you could use colors more to your liking! I like th flowers!

  14. #39
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,675
    Yeah, when I make my purses, I always put a back wall zipper and front inside pockets in them. Sometimes outside opckets too.

  15. #40
    pal
    pal is online now
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Posts
    1,626
    Great Job, Sewnsewer!!!!! and your fabric is wonderful!

    I'd use it as a tote for hand work - like for dr. & dentist appts where you have to sit and wait for hours. It's beautiful - and everyone will want to know where you got it!!!!!

  16. #41
    Super Member mimee4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    3,735
    Very, very nice :D

  17. #42
    Super Member Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    3,078
    Wow, my daughter would love to have that - her room is done in pink, black, and white. Great job on it.

  18. #43
    Super Member sdeaaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,230
    I made one too. Isn't it heavy. I used mine for a while, but it was just too heavy to carry all the time. I use it now to carry quilting supplies to and from class and quilt group... not such long trips like shopping. It was fun. I like making coasters, bowls and other items out of clothesline, but don't think I will do another purse. Quilter 1234

  19. #44
    Super Member tuesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Home!.. Why? Where are you?
    Posts
    2,259
    This is so pretty Dawn. You did such a good job on it!!

  20. #45
    Hunnib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

    I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:
    I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

    The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.

  21. #46
    Super Member Janstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cashmere, Wa.
    Posts
    3,950
    There's a great tute on here for making clothesline rugs. I found that really fun and I'm saving up more scrapes for another one.

  22. #47
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnib
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Ok, now that I was able to make a clothesline purse, it is too 'young looking' for me. :(

    I won't be making any more anytime too soon I will tell you that. :lol:
    I love making the coiled fabric baskets. The ones I make are completely enclosed in fabric strips though. I have the clothesline cord to make something like yours with the scrappy look where it's wrapped but I haven't yet.

    The reason for my post is to remind you that since you weren't thrilled with the purse you made, think outside-the-box for other uses. I have made some beautiful bread baskets and included matching napkins for Christmas presents. They don't take nearly as long to make as a purse like yours. I also made lots of hot pads with left overs. The ladies I sent them to were thrilled with them. Some I used Christmas fabrics and some I used regular fabric that coordinated with their kitchen so they could use it all year round. You could also made the low bread basket size for other uses such as storage for your sewing supplies...just a thought.
    Cool ideas, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.