Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I finished this - but .... >

I finished this - but ....

I finished this - but ....

Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 PM

i think it looks great..it is just a matter of opinion..

when you put a quilt top up,on a wall or on a bed.( i use tacks put it up on a wall,and Live with it a few days) it takes time for the quilt to settle down so to speak..and then after you have looked at the squares a few days..you start to see where they need to be moved or turned...or left alone! You did a great job..i am not sure what is in the center blocks..Embroidry?
Maybe when you put white blocks up to white binding..the maybe tend to look larger than the other blocks..?
i am not a cat person..no hissing please!..but i would be honored to curl up with it! Kim
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

You need to be really proud of yourself! Especially as it is only your third quilt. The only thing I can see that might bother you is that the center squares may not have enough contrast?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

I think it's wonderful. It's hard to believe it's just your third quilt. You are a natural.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:59 PM

It's wonderful.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM

I know what it is..... it should have been dogs!

Just kidding!!!!!! It is beautiful, and I love all the differen kitty blocks. I agree that we are our own worst critics!
Great job!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Administrator

i think it's adorable and shows quite a bit of talent.

it's possible you're subconsciously comparing to quilts you've seen made by others - especially those with years more experience. (when i want to feel really awful about my own work, i look at everybody else's. :lol: :lol :lol: )

most of the quilts we see have much wider borders. maybe that's what throws off your opinion of it. i don't know whether or not i'd have put a wider border. (sometimes, the width and/or complexity of my borders depends entirely on how sick i am of working on a quilt by the time i get that far. :lol: )

your quilt is great just as it is. it's a lot nicer than many i've made over the years. be proud of it. :thumbup:
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Power Poster

From a design standpoint the only thing I would have done differantly -and this is a personal choice not a criticism- I would have liked the center to stand out more. It is bit overshadowed by the other two designs.

But the quilt is just fabulous. I don't see a thing wrong with it. You have a wonderful assortment of cats designs and colors are so varied and really interesting to look at! Your "saw blades"? are wonderful!! I can't really see the center blocks but they look really pretty!

The person who got it is very blessed to have this quilt!! It is fantastic!! I especially like the white kittie in the bottom row! That black face and black tail are so cute!! And the orange cat face is sooo cute!! Good job!!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:39 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

i think you did a wonderful job too..sometimes we work on a quilt so long that we get sick of seeing it. Maybe if you dont see it for a while you opinion will change?
Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM

I know what the problem is--it would look better if it was in my house! Great work!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:09 PM

I agree with Patrice, the only thing I would change would be to add a wider border. I like it the way it is, but it doesn't look quite finished to me...jmho..Great job on the quilt :thumbup: You have a lot of talent and a good eye. Can't wait to see what you do next!!

Ditter