Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I got a great bargain .... >
  • I got a great bargain ....

• I got a great bargain ....

Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM

I was going through the local online classifieds and came across this offer. FOUR (4) sewing machines for sale for $25.00. I emailed for more info and confirmed that the 25 dollars bought all four. (that's $6.25 each). The guy said they are not working as of right now, but it won't take much to get them going again.

Then I came across another ad for "yard sale left overs". In this lady's ad, she mentioned a few boxes of fabric and a small quilting frame. I emailed for more info and prices on these items and she said she was asking $4.00 per box of fabric and she has 4 boxes and $8.00 for the small quilting frame.

So for $49.00, I'm taking my hubby on a 2-1/2 hour road trip this Saturday. I'm so excited, I can't wait LoL

I don't have a picture of the fabrics or frame, only the picture of the machines that was posted in the ad. Will post pictures of everything when I get them home on Saturday.

the 4 machines
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]235700[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-235694.bmp  
    Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by TeddyB1967
    I was going through the local online classifieds and came across this offer. FOUR (4) sewing machines for sale for $25.00. I emailed for more info and confirmed that the 25 dollars bought all four. (that's $6.25 each). The guy said they are not working as of right now, but it won't take much to get them going again.

Then I came across another ad for "yard sale left overs". In this lady's ad, she mentioned a few boxes of fabric and a small quilting frame. I emailed for more info and prices on these items and she said she was asking $4.00 per box of fabric and she has 4 boxes and $8.00 for the small quilting frame.

So for $49.00, I'm taking my hubby on a 2-1/2 hour road trip this Saturday. I'm so excited, I can't wait LoL

I don't have a picture of the fabrics or frame, only the picture of the machines that was posted in the ad. Will post pictures of everything when I get them home on Saturday.
    I am so envious - I can't believe some of the bargains that you find in the US - NOTHING like that happens here.
    Old 08-02-2011, 11:12 PM

The small older one is a Singer 99 and the larger older one is a Singer 27. Enjoy them all! Have fun quilting with your fabrics too.
    Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 AM

Adorable babies...
    Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 AM

Wow!!! Wow!!!!! Wow!!!!! Wow!!!!! All I can say! Wow!!!!
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:14 AM

Awesome! I love hearing about people's deals like this!! Good for you!
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

I am so envious - I can't believe some of the bargains that you find in the US - NOTHING like that happens here.
    It doesn't happen here, in England, either.
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:22 AM

That doesn't happen in Australia either. Enjoy your lucky finds.
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 AM

Amazing find. Enjoy!
    Old 08-03-2011, 03:30 AM

Congrats on your bargains!!!!