Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: I know this is a piecing site but................

I am glad you posted your pics. Your work is stunning. I am a longarm quilter and I only do freehand. Your work inspires me to practice more. Keep posting pics, that's my favorite thing on here.....I can spend hours just looking at everyones work. :D

Blog Entries
    wow beautiful work keep it up

Beautiful. Please keep sending us pics of your work.

Ms. Jackie (that was my moms name, short for Jaqulee) you need to make a video to show us how you do such beautiful work. All of us would love to be that talented. I know I sit here and enjoy your every post.
    momrebajane

I love seeing the work. Thanks for sharing! You do great work.

Kyia

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    Just one more. This one looks like sperm to me :shock: Guess I need a lot more practice on this one.
    :shock: LMBO !!!!!

Absolutely post here!!! Great for others to get ideas!
    Great job on all! Even the last one!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    Quote Originally Posted by kathy
    you silly girl! we love watching you grow, you never know when you may need to remember how to do the "sperm", somebody just may want them on his quilt! rofl, just curious, what was it supposed to look like?
    keep 'em coming
    PAISLEY! Who would have guessed anyway??? Like I said, need to work on that one a bit. ROFLMBO
    I'll never feel the same, when wearing a paisley tie. :shock:

I love seeing your practice! Had to laugh about the "sperm" at the end of last picture. I would have never seen that had you not mentioned it in your post.

I know I am a newbie here but I never got the idea it was only for piecing. IMHO it is the QUILTING that makes it a quilt! I think your work is amazing and I am so glad you posted it and I hope you keep posting it. I, too, someday hope for a longarm. What a bonus it would be to be able to do the kind of work you do! It takes WAY too long to quilt those quilts by hand and your freehand machine quilting is just as lovely as handquilting. Please post more!!

awesome work

I like to see EVERYTHING you've been working on because your work just blows me away! Keep posting pics of everything!

Keep posting your lovely pictures!

Oh it's gorgeous! I love your postings, and believe me, what you do is part of quilting, and by sharing with all of us, helps to give us ideas too, love it! :)

Wonderful work and please keep posting! I need all the inspiration I can get!

Now who would have thought a quilting conversation would go like this! LOL! :lol:

Oh darlin you do such wonderful work, even if it is practice. Anyone would be proud to have that quilt. I am so proud for you.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jacque - OK, confession time for me...

Before i joined this site, I thought that machine quilting was pedestrian, soulless and only for people who couldn't be bothered to learn how to quilt 'properly' - ie by hand... OK, OK, don't all scream at me! I did say, 'before i joined this site'!!!!

BUT - your work and the work of others here (Patti is another machine quilter whose work springs to mind) has changed my mind entirely, as has the work of a friend here in France who introduced me to this site and whose machine quilting is beautiful, and which I'm lucky enough to be able to see in real life.

I now see that just because the actual stitching is done by machine, doesn't mean that there isn't immense artistry involved in the work. So thank you all for getting rid of my prejudice!

I can't believe you did that FREEHAND!!!! It's beautiful, I love it! I'm only at the FMQ stage, my machine is only a basic one and I may never join the long arm club (I said 'may'! LOL) but now I see that there's room in my life for both types of quilting, hand and machine and each is equally an art form and equally 'valid' (horrid word, can't think of a better one!)

As for the paisley sperm - I just bought some blue and red paisley to make a One Block Wonder - can't WAIT to see how THAT baby stack n whacks!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

Jacque,
    I have a quilt top you can practice on all you want ... LOL! ( I am serious)Love your work, you are really beginning to go the distance with this quilting stuff. Are you taking a class? Is it longarm or sewing machine?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Jacque,
    I have a quilt top you can practice on all you want ... LOL! ( I am serious)Love your work, you are really beginning to go the distance with this quilting stuff. Are you taking a class? Is it longarm or sewing machine?
    A year and a half ago, I did take in quilts and only charged for shipping and some thread for practice. Sorry :cry: , I don't practice for free any more. This year, I'm trying to make some quilts for my family. I do take some requests but since I baby-sit also, I can't give a finishing date. I hope this clears things up for those that wonder what I'm up to. Usually, nothing good :twisted:
    I've only taken one longarm class online. So far, I mostly learned from books, DVDs and looking at a lot of quilting. Then there is the longarm site I belong to that is wonderful and very helpful............a lot of pros on that site.
    Thank you again to you and all the others for such nice comments. Makes me feel special :D

I ComPleTely understand about the babysitting. I have been doing the same thing this whole dang summer. By the time she leaves in the afternoon, I am exausted! The last day of this month is my last day. Yippee! I am so glad. :D I will get to sew and quilt again. I have a great quilter I pay to quilt mine. She is exceptionally good at her work.

May I ask what kind of machine you are using for your quilting?

WOW! Jacki you have mastered that machine and you are now a PRO. Beautiful it all is wonderful. I picked out the Sperm too. :shock: LOL but if you hadn't put that in my brain I would not have seen it either. :lol:
    BillsBonBon

Jackie--

I can only reiterate what others have already said---WOW! WONDERFUL! BEAUTIFUL! INSPIRING! GORGEOUS! FABULOUS, etc.

I cannot believe you would say "I know this is a piecing site but..........!!!" It is a quilting site, for heaven's sake!! That includes piecing, applique AND QUILTING!!! I do think the reason that most of us only post pics of our TOPS is that the actual quilting is very scary to us. We lack the ideas, knowledge and skills (and in my case TALENT!!) to finish what we start. How many times have we posted pics of a quilt top and asked for suggestions on how to quilt it?

I am so glad you posted your practice work. You are so talented and we love that you share the fruits of your labor with us. Please, please, please continue to do so.

Jacquemoe thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. I have always admired wholecloth quilting and sooooooo wish I could do it myself...... that and trapunto are my dream :)
    JAcqui

Blog Entries
    BEAUTIFUL!!!! Your work is always awesome and I love seeing all the pictures you post. You are way to modest about your talent. You are an inspiration to many of us. Keep those pictures coming :D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast