Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I need help. >

I need help.

I need help.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:14 AM

I agree with pinwheel borders from the pink and green.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 AM

How about cutting it into approx. 18" squares, then doing a few borders around each using the colors in the fabric?
Old 07-25-2012, 06:30 AM

No ideas on what to make but I think all the fabrics go together beautifully. Good luck with your project and hope to see a photo of it when you get the top made.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 AM

I don't know, but that is some gorgeous fabric!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
if you don't want to cut it- but want more than just the solid fabric center - what about making some thin straight finished strips - like you would do for bias strips for stained glass quilts - and do an asymetical pattern of strips to make what look like different blocks, highlighting the birds. hand sew them on, then you could just stitch in the ditch next to the strips. I'm not explaining this very well, but can see it in my head. Anyone else get what i mean and can explain it better???
I understand what you mean. Using thin bias strips to outline or highlight an area, or they could be used to resemble ribbons running through the center. Someone mentioned using a darker color in addition to the ones shown. the fairy frost could be like ribbons and if you didn't want a lot of dark it could be a narrow boarder than a different color maybe a fairy frosts in a slightly darker shade of the ones used as ribbons.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 AM

My first thought was this pattern: http://www.bellaspatchwork.com.au/it...lt-Pattern.htm, Baby Mine the "girl" version. But then someone mentioned Nine Patch Pizzazz: http://www.amazon.com/9-Patch-Pizzaz.../dp/1571203230. I think that would be even better! I do think you should add some darker values, as others have already said. Be sure to show us your finished project!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sallyjane View Post
My first thought was this pattern: http://www.bellaspatchwork.com.au/it...lt-Pattern.htm, Baby Mine the "girl" version. But then someone mentioned Nine Patch Pizzazz: http://www.amazon.com/9-Patch-Pizzaz.../dp/1571203230. I think that would be even better! I do think you should add some darker values, as others have already said. Be sure to show us your finished project!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! The 9-Patch-Pizzazz looks like it will solve a problem I've been mulling over for awhile.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I would use the focus fabric as a center panel and cut strips of the other two for borders. Narrower inner one of the lavender and wider outer one of the green.
I agree with Mom
Old 07-25-2012, 01:51 PM

I love your fabric and I immediately thought of Medallian style quilts from the 19th century. Here's a link for you to see how your focus fabric could be used and showcased:

http://www.womenfolk.com/baby_quilts/medallionchild.htm

Hope this helps in deciding.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking! Beautiful fabric!!
Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
I would use the focus fabric as a center panel and cut strips of the other two for borders. Narrower inner one of the lavender and wider outer one of the green.