Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: i see really nice and neat sewing room dose your ever get to looking like this

this is my sewing area after a few days of straight quilting
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not quite:)
    I tape a bag plastic or paper to the edge of table and put those little cut pieces in it for trash. I do tend to drop the thread pieces on the floor. My room is multiple purpose (I teach quilting on Monday nights and painting on Thursday nights) otherwise who knows what it would end up looking like.

conference table in downstairs room
    Name:  Attachment-28862.jpe
Views: 75
Size:  39.7 KB

Blog Entries
    okay, when did you sneak into my sewing area and take a picture . . lol . . the real world of quilting

Mine gets that way often! My problem is that my sewing room is my livingroom and my longarm and frame is in the kitchen. Priorities!!!

Minnow, if that carpet was brown I would have thought you were taking a picture of my floor, grand daughter coming today so I gotta clean up the floor, with little ones everything in the hand goes to the mouth.

Blog Entries
    are you related to Eleanor Burns?! lol! She tosses her scraps of fabric over her shoulder! I used to end up with cuttings on the floor, but now i keep a thread catcher at my sewing table, and one near the cutting board.
    i also keep a piece of batting on the ironing board, for the threads i may cut there also.

I'm just the opposite! It's rare to see a piece of fabric on my floor. My work is too neat I've been told. I just can't stand a mess so I sew and catch anything that may fall. I keep my lint brush nearby to clear all loose threads off what I just finished sewing before I iron. And at the end of each day, all leftover scraps have already been cut and sized and placed in proper bins and you can't tell any sewing had been going on~~hahaha~~and I'm all organized for the next scrap project! Just wish I was as organized in all areas of life as I am in sewing! lol. :D :D

i don't see a problem. am i missing something?

Gosh! Looks like the twin to mine! Do you look like a walking lint brush when you are done? My sweats are usually plastered with lint, threat and fabric pieces at the end of a sewing session! :-)

Never! My fabric and thread scraps only get tossed once ... right into a trashcan. If it takes a little longer (and I doubt that) to use the trashcan as I work, that's time I don't have to spend cleaning up later on.

I have to admit, I just cleaned my sewing room floor, and My Oh My - It looked just like yours. Now I don't feel so guilty. Hubby even came in there and put up a couple of shelves for me. What a sweetie

Quote Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
    okay, when did you sneak into my sewing area and take a picture . . lol . . the real world of quilting
    Yeah. I've seen grammy Dwynn's room. Looks just like that. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be afraid to, because the kitties might try to eat it. We will have to chip in and get you a waste basket.....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Threads seem to attach themselves to me while I sew and snip. But the scraps of fabric and what threads I catch go into a recycled plastic coffee can which is next to my ironing board next to my cutting table. Other pieces while I sew go into the waste can that is next to the sewing table. At the end of the day (or when I'm done for the day) everything gets put up and away even if I'll be quilting the next day.

Yes, I've been told I'm over organized. ;)

I am glad I am not the only person who does this. I hate clean up but I think my quikting goes faster. I have tried a bag , awastebasket. Still I like the floor the best LOL

I like the floor best too. I just asked my husband where the box we brought from Aldi's...would be good to have it on the floor where I normally brush off the scraps from the cutting table.

Hey, that's not messy, it's called progress! :lol:

Hey remember the old saying about breaking a few eggs. If you don't make a little mess you are not creative in my book. I have two wastebaskets near my machines and things still end up on the floor. At least it looks like I was busy.

My goodness, that looks like my dining room after I have had four days off. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

when we remodeled I'm still kicking myself that I didn't have a wood floor installed in the sewing room instead of carpet, I just didn't realize how much debris would be flying every which way. I totally trash my room when I'm doing a project, then I take a day to clean everything up and put everything away, and then do it all over again with my next project.

I love making a mess.

i agree on love making a mess just hte cleaning mky mess untill it is done and looks oh so good

Week one purfect sewing room. By week four it looks like a bomb blew up in there. I clean & the cycle starts over again *giggles*

Blog Entries
    Oh the reality of it!

My room stays neat about 3 seconds after I finish cleaning. LOL

in the minority again....I clean up as I go.
    Kind of have to since I share space with the computer desk (DH)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast