Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I think a few wanted to see my "projects" practice work

If I post these two in the right order, the first one should be the pink one. I tried a, new to me, design called less stress feathers along with an all over meander quilting.
    The second one (black & white) would have been fine with an all over, edge to edge pattern but I needed practice on borders. Boy, was that a mistake. I haven't been able to see what I'm doing. It's a good thing the lady gave it to me for practice, however, she won't be able to see a thing either, lol. I'm about 3/4 of the way through. I may or may not post that one............I don't think I will be able to get a picture of the quilting.
    It's kind of cool that some of you are interesting in what I'm doing, learning longarm quilting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh Jackie your feathers are awesome! Lordy girl, you are good!

Thank you, Melissa. I love your new avatar. What an adorable baby.

Thank you, Thats my little Sweet Pea. (granddaughter)
    Jackie what kind of machine do you have, I think I saw an old post that you used to have a Handyquilter, what can you tell me about it?

Jacque!!! The pink one ROCKS!!! The black and white one is a cool quilt...but hmmm can't see that quilting you were tellin us about LOL But the pink one ROCKS with ATTITUDE you do such beautiful work!!!

Oh those feathers are wonderful! Were they really "less stress"? LOL

I would love to have a long arm and doo nothing but feathers all day long....hhmmm, listening to music...quilting...hhmmm
    sewing machine humming along, kinda like those beach vacation commercials...hehe.
    K

Blog Entries
    WOW, those are some very impressive feathers :D :D :D They are soooo beautiful :D :D :D Show us more PLEASE :D :D :D

WOW!! I really like the pink one

Blog Entries
    Like you said, can't see the black and white's quilting, but that pink one is gorgeous!

I love the pink one, it looks soft feminine and cozy.........your quilting is wonderful :D

Izy
    Jacque - WHY are you still calling yourself a 'learner'????? Those free form feathers look very professional to me.....they are amazing, please show us more!!! Ohhh I am soooo envious, I would love a longarm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Oh the pink one is gorgeous!! You're right--can't see much in the black but I love the pink one!!

ooh Jacqemoe.. I just LOVE the pink one.. the quilting work is just stunning!

That's just beautiful quilting. I like big and billowy stuff and your feathers are just gorgious.

Very nice work.

Banned
    WOW! WOW! WOW! You do awesome work. Thanks for sharing

feathers are FABULOUS!!! Really love those.. as for the black umm can't see anything can you take a closer picture?

Those feathers and the quilt are divine! I've been having trouble even getting a longarmer to stay in touch with me! Lucky you have a machine! Sorry you're having trouble with the borders, but you have clearly opened my eyes to an all over pattern with that lovely pink quilt!

The black & white quilt top is the before photo. Thank you all for the wonderful encouragement. The less stress feathers will be less stressful the next time I do them :lol:. Yes, it would be great to be able to do what you said, KO. Actually, I do get to do that once in a while and I love it. Maybe some will be willing to pay for my work soon. Two more to go and the freebies are done! I must thank all those again that did let me practice on their quilts. Quilters are wonderful people!!!! :D

I love the pink one w/the feathers, absolutely beautiful!!!! Your doing a great job.

The feathers are STUNNING!! What machine are you quilting on? Is that a pantograph?

Wow... we are in the presence of greatness!! Your quilting is outstanding. :-) :-) :-)

I have a Gammill and NO (lol) not a pantograph. My pantographs are much better. This was my first effort at freearm less stress feathers. I felt like I was spastic while I was doing them but it was fun. :P

Hi Cathy,
    You're too sweet. I must admit that the quilting, most always, seems to look a lot better off the frame than you feel like it's going to look while you're doing it. I'm getting there.

Jacquemoe
    Your work is beautiful. I'll be willing to pay for your work, when I get my next quilt completed, but there are 2 projects ahead of it. With this crazy Vegas weather finally getting warmer I will be spending more time in the pool & a little less by the Janome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast