Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Idea - Inexpensive Cutting Table >

Idea - Inexpensive Cutting Table

Idea - Inexpensive Cutting Table

Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
You can't possibly be creating and sewing in that room. Where are all the rulers and scraps and threads on the floor? I don't see any ufo's or wip's around. Oh, I know, you made a curtain looking like a sewing room to put in front of the camera......WHAT IS REALLY BEHIND CURTAIN #1???
Hah! The rulers are on the wall and all the hanging plastic bags with fabric in them hanging from hooks are my WIP's and such. :) I have cats that like to nest in my fabric so I have keep them all under wraps. :)

I have a free bookcase coming over this evening so I think I'm going to buy the hard comic book bakers and use those to wrap my fabric stash and put them in the bookcase. That is if my patience holds out....doing stuff like THAT drives me crazy!
Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM

JEALOUS ! WOW GREAT SEWING AREA LOVE YOUR IDEA FOR THE ISLAND :) I'LL HAVE TO CHECK OUT MY CRAIG'S LIST
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Gorgeous room, I'm jealous. I have a very small sewing room and I needed a cutting table. I found a butcher-block kitchen island at Mennards. The height is perfect, with 2 drawers and 2 open shelves. Also it is on rollers so I can move it if I want a different arrangement.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Wish that I had a basement! Love your set up. Well planned out. I also love the knotty pine paneling. Be sure to keep it original. No covering it with paint. :)
Old 09-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Michael I LOVE your sewing room and all that space...WOW!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Gret ideas for reuse! Thanks for sharing and making me jealous of your space!
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Originally Posted by MzMcKee
Wow.. What a room. How much sq footage to you have in there? I want to make a topper for my fat Rowenta board, but I don't think I have enough room in my room for more then what I have there now.
I'm not sure....it's the entire half of our basement. So I am fortunate to have space to streatch out. Also on the other side is my new toy.

Someday I would LOVE to get an Imperial frame. But for now this setup is great for me, and what I could afford....now I'm eatting ramen noodle for a few mohts until all of my quilting bills are paid off....:)
Awesome space!! Caution on that ramen noodle stuff -- use only a little of the "seasoning." It's super high in sodium!
Old 09-02-2010, 01:47 AM

Great job on your sewing room! It's absolutely gorgeous! Very warm and cosy place to work in. I would eat ramen for the rest of my life if I could have a sewing room like yours! :lol:
Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 AM

The green in your room is gorgeous - the colour I have gone. I am sooooooooo envious of the equipment and space you have.

I will be downgrading house soon and that basement will probably be the whole space I will have to live in. OMG what am I going to do with my quilting books, stash and 3 sewing machines and 2 overlockers? Anyone got some sky hooks?
Old 09-02-2010, 02:02 AM

Love your room. You are very creative and handy. I would eat Ramon Noodles for that room too.