Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: I'll sleep warm tonight.!!

  1. #26
    Super Member EasyPeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,668
    Beautiful quilt and it matches your bedroom perfectly.

  2. #27
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,168
    Blog Entries
    47
    Beautiful! Worth the year of quilting pleasure.

  3. #28
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    Beautiful! Worth the year of quilting pleasure.
    and learning. Oh so much learning!

  4. #29
    jacquemoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,271
    You have every reason to be proud. Can we see some close ups too? I like to see the quilting also.

  5. #30
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    3
    That's very lovely and I congratulate you on completion.

  6. #31
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,505
    Blog Entries
    3
    Ohhh also the others are really nice too!

  7. #32
    Senior Member zkosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    677
    Wow, your Quilter's World quilt is really coming along.

    Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

  8. #33
    Member Gracie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lancaster Co., PA
    Posts
    47
    Beautiful!!!

  9. #34
    Pineapple Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,187
    It's beautiful! Nice work!

  10. #35
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    You have every reason to be proud. Can we see some close ups too? I like to see the quilting also.
    Sure I can show some of the quilting, but its just what a person can do with an ancient straight stitch without a walking foot and a bit of imagination. I don't know if any of the quilting will actually show up but I can try tomorrow when the light is better for pictures.

    There is a whole post on the quilt as others were so interested in the avatar block. Let me find it....

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41613-1.htm

    A block
    Name:  Attachment-77163.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  110.4 KB

    Another block
    Name:  Attachment-77164.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  110.9 KB

    last one
    Name:  Attachment-77165.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  105.9 KB

  11. #36
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by zkosh
    Wow, your Quilter's World quilt is really coming along.

    Keep up the good work! :thumbup:
    Yeah, and I get to go back to it tomorrow! Yippee!

  12. #37
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,215
    Kitsie, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm proud that you're so proud!!

  13. #38
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,150
    Blog Entries
    9
    That looks so soft and warm. I like the matching pillowcases, too. You have every right to be proud.

  14. #39
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    Kitsie, your work is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
    I love everything you posted here :D:D:D

  15. #40
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,046
    Aw, beautiful!

  16. #41
    Debbie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Posts
    2,279
    Very, very pretty!

  17. #42
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oooooo Beautiful!!! :D:D:D
    You did a wonderful job on it!!!

  18. #43
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Kitsie, your work is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!
    I love everything you posted here :D:D:D
    Thank you all! and I envy and admire those who can actually DESIGN quilts! I'm lousy at that and in picking out fabrics. I'm glad I started by buying kits like that one and slowly I can now get a pattern and find some fabrics. Growth, friends, growth!
    Love you all.

  19. #44
    Senior Member FranW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    626
    Beautiful!

  20. #45
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Thats gorgeous.......the whole room too!
    Thanks Maryse and Jingleberry! I'm the queen of my little old double-wide!

    Yes, everything is gorgeous! I just love the color combination of your blocks. This may have been asked before, but was this sampler planned or was it a "plan as you go." I love samplers that use the same fabrics in each block.

    Edit:
    Oops. I just read the post that explains that it was a kit. :oops: One of these days I'll have enough courage to choose a set of fabrics to make sampler blocks. Would you say that there were or more different fabrics used?

  21. #46
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Thats gorgeous.......the whole room too!
    Thanks Maryse and Jingleberry! I'm the queen of my little old double-wide!

    Yes, everything is gorgeous! I just love the color combination of your blocks. This may have been asked before, but was this sampler planned or was it a "plan as you go." I love samplers that use the same fabrics in each block.

    Edit:
    Oops. I just read the post that explains that it was a kit. :oops: One of these days I'll have enough courage to choose a set of fabrics to make sampler blocks. Would you say that there were or more different fabrics used?

    Sorry Gail, don't understand your sentence - "Would you say that there were or more different fabrics used?"
    Yes, the fabrics all came with the kit in generous amounts. I'd never used templates before but I really loved the outcome!
    Thanks for your comments!

  22. #47
    Super Member Kitsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ridgefield WA
    Posts
    6,374
    Blog Entries
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    You have every reason to be proud. Can we see some close ups too? I like to see the quilting also.
    Sure I can show some of the quilting, but its just what a person can do with an ancient straight stitch without a walking foot and a bit of imagination. I don't know if any of the quilting will actually show up but I can try tomorrow when the light is better for pictures.

    There is a whole post on the quilt as others were so interested in the avatar block. Let me find it....

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-41613-1.htm
    OK. some not too bad pics of quilting. Found the dimmer light was better. It was interesting to find different ways of looking at the shapes and try to bring that out. Much more complex and busy than it needed, but hey, I'm new to this!

    Block A
    Name:  Attachment-77346.gif
Views: 5
Size:  145.5 KB

    Block B
    Name:  Attachment-77347.gif
Views: 7
Size:  145.0 KB

    Block Z (just for the heck of it!)
    Name:  Attachment-77348.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  74.4 KB

  23. #48
    Super Member rootyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Selkirk, NY
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wonderful!

  24. #49
    Super Member GailG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,764
    [quote=Kitsie][quote=GailG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Edit:
    Oops. I just read the post that explains that it was a kit. :oops: One of these days I'll have enough courage to choose a set of fabrics to make sampler blocks. Would you say that there were or more different fabrics used?

    Sorry Gail, don't understand your sentence - "Would you say that there were or more different fabrics used?"
    Yes, the fabrics all came with the kit in generous amounts. I'd never used templates before but I really loved the outcome!
    Thanks for your comments!
    I guess my fingers were flying too fast, or my brain wasn't in gear. Sorry. What I should have written was "Would you say that there were six or more different fabrics?" Don't mean to make excuses for my miscommunication, but I had stolen a few minutes from our kitchen demolition to get on the QB for a while. Things are so crazy around here. Hopefully within a week we'll have a new kitchen.

  25. #50
    thismomquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    here! :)
    Posts
    1,491
    very nice. great job!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.